Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 4g with no data

xtruss
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

In my local town (Hanley - Stoke-on-Trent) - I find that 4g 90% of the time is unsable and i stuggle to even send a whatsapp, web browsing is a no no. Running the 02 my network app shows the following.

Screenshot_20181210-123451.jpgScreenshot_20181210-123544.jpg

If i reboot the phone, toggle between airplane mode etc it makes no difference.

The only way i can get data is to turn the phone to 2g/3g mode only and it connects on H and i can then get data.

I understand networks can have issues from time to time, but this happens on a very regular basis.

No idea why i get a good 4g signal but no data. I have reported this several times using the my network app, but it always comes back saying no issues found..

Phone is a oneplus 6

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xtruss Have you tried 3G instead of 4G. Try this to see if a mast is down? Also try cleaning your sim

https://status.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's network congestion due to too many people all logged on to the same mast.
H is 3g which is less used, so will give you better speeds and always recommended at busy times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

xtruss
  • 35 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks, yes i have tried 3g at that work's - I think its just poor to have a 4g network in a town center that more than offen does not work. It wasnt even a busy day with lots of shoppers.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It doesn't take much. O2's bandwidth for 4g is very limited, but now they have the new spectrum allocation a lot of places are being upgraded, albeit slowly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

xtruss
  • 35 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for taking the time to reply, so just a waiting game for 2.3Ghz to arrive then. 

Seems daft to promote a product that is unfit for purpose. Almost like selling a sportscar with a 1 litre fuel tank.  confused

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Perfect analogy wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7