cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not happy at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

* I understand that I had difficulty paying this month... this is due to a direct debit not being set up properly.
*I called o2 as soon as I realised and agreed with "barry" that I could pay by the end of November..
*Barry said that I would be able to continue to use my phone as normal.
*soon after I am Barred can not even use my phone to contact 02
*I manage to contact 02 in my lunch break
*I spent my entire lunch break trying to do this.
*No notes were left explaining what was agreed.
*I had to explain everything again so that I could get the Barr released and agree again that I would pay by the end of November.
*Again my phone is barred....I've been busy all day at work with no opportunity to call and sort it and explain yet again.
*so now without my phone and i actually believe I've lost my number which I've had for 16 years I'm upset and will have to try and find someone's phone to use in the morning.
*also I now know that no one can contact me. So if my children are trying to call I wouldn't know.
*frustrated because I thought I already agreed what would happen.. upset because my barring history is tallying up because I keep having to get bars lifed which we agreed would not even go on.
*sending me texts about the money I owe even though I already spoke to you and there should be notes to prove that.
* I want to leave now. .. I like o2 for many reasons. But if you keep going back on what is verbally agreed I feel I have the right to leave with out a penalty.
*Fed up of having to spend my time doing this.
*haven't I paid enough in the time I've been with you to Warent a little leway.
*contact me.... ***** (anyone who can help )

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I will point out you are not talking to O2 by posting here. This is a customer to customer forum and we have no access to your account. Only O2 Customer Services can help you resolve this so you have to contact them http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

There is a number to call from a landline in the link given.

I am sure your account would not be barred if you set up a direct debit to pay every month Other ways to pay given here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Edited to ask you to remove your email address from your post please? (Flagged)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I will point out you are not talking to O2 by posting here. This is a customer to customer forum and we have no access to your account. Only O2 Customer Services can help you resolve this so you have to contact them http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

There is a number to call from a landline in the link given.

I am sure your account would not be barred if you set up a direct debit to pay every month Other ways to pay given here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Edited to ask you to remove your email address from your post please? (Flagged)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me that there's not a direct debit in place 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had similar experiences in the past. The fact is that a computer automatically bars an account when a balance is overdue beyond a certain number of days.

I'm sorry but a person cannot reverse this no matter how many conversations you have with them. It's unfortunate but until the account has a 0 balance, the bar remains in place.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Also it doesn't give you the right to end your contract.
The bar is in place because you haven't paid which you are contracted to do.
Pay the bills and the bar will be lifted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Anonymous A direct debit issue may explain why the bill was not paid as you expected. But it doesn't explain why when this was brought to your attention you couldn't pay. Sounds to me like your having a cash flow issue and might need to evaluate your outgoing. PS. If you are missing payments etc, your unlikely to be accepted by another provider, or not at least without a deposit.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6