Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia 1020 my review

durhamdad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My first review i was lucky enough to be given the nokia 1020 to test and write a review of it ( thanks toby) so here is my attempt I didn,t include the dimensions etc because most people thinking of getting the nokia will have researched it.

It's a great size and weight for someone like me who has large hands it packs an impressive 32 gb storage and a 2gb of ram so it's no light weight it feels very rigid and it has a killer camera. So after setting it up which was so easy to do I decided to check out the windows mobile for the first time I have been an android user for a long time and to say the windows system was different would be an understatement.

I installed the lumia denim windows 8.1 with no problems at all it downloaded so flawlessly and it included Nokia +maps with lifetime updates and also Nokia own cortana I took the mobile to work and I tried out the camera it was stunning the Nokia has a shutter button on the side so I just pressed and shot away and every pic was perfect crystal clear if you are a budding David bailey(showing my age now) then this is the mobile for you I found making and receiving calls very good crisp calls and no signal dropping I set up all my emails no trouble all simple trouble free setting up the screen itself is good the tiles on the screen are eye catching and very easy to customise the music on the Mobile is loud and clear.

The mobile had all the touch screen bells and whistles. pinch and zoom copy and paste and was so easy I got to grips with this mobile without the need to download the user manual lol So my verdict on the Nokia, I have mixed feelings.

The GOOD BITS: The stunning camera flawless windows operating system easy to set up the mobile has enough memory and ram to keep it in with the latest mobiles

The BAD BITS: Sealed battery and no sd card slot. The back of the nokia has a very large raise hump to accomadate the great 41mp camera lens and you can only sit the mobile down on its glass front or it wobbles to much on its back very worrying.

The mobile while is very easy to use and very robust looks and feels dated but that said its very solid and easy to use The camera on this mobile has to be one of the best I have ever used it is simply breathtaking the windows system once I got the hang of it was very stable the mobile itself was fast and responsive with no lagging or crashing at all a very good simple easy to set up all round good mobile Nokia 1020 with its killer camera and high specs was a great foundation for Nokia window phones and the models to follow can only strengthen windows hold on the Mobile market.

I enjoyed my play with the Nokia and feel it's a very good starter mobile straight forward to set up and easy to use but would I be tempted over to the windows from andriod I think may be not just yet but that said in this ever changing world of mobile who knows that about ends my review hope it helps

live each day as if its your last because one day it will be
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Great review @durhamdad 

I was going to ask if you could be swayed away from Android to Windows...and then your last paragraph answered that one!

Anyway you recently got yourself a new Note...so I expect you to be enamoured of that for a long time yet wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

durhamdad
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you yes I love the note 3 so no windows for me just yet
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93154 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Nice review. My thoughts too when I trialled the 1020 and whilst I enjoyed using it to an extent, I couldn't help comparing it to my Note and found it falling short in comparison to Android.

I agree, with the ever evolving os then who knows, one day Windows may tempt me but not anytime soon.

Message 4 of 9

durhamdad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agree I tried not to compere it to my note but its noe easy lol
Message 5 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @durhamdad I hope you enjoyed testing out the device. slight_smile Thanks for posting your review!

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see a new review writter in the community! Well done @durhamdad 

Message 7 of 9

durhamdad
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you glad you liked it
Message 8 of 9