cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal in west london

Anonymous
Not applicable

for almost 2 weeks now on and off ( mostly off) i have no signal at all in my area. i spoke to someone on live chat after using the network app to check and see that a mast in the area not working . its still the same 2 weeks later! why should people pay to receive a 4g service but yet not even receive a basic service? this is completely unnacceptable . how long does it take to fix something? 3 of my friends have left o2 in the last 2 months due to the breakdown in terms of the level of service the offer. ive been with them over 10 years and im thinking of leaving . its a joke. fed up of excuse after excuse.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
My network app is here but as they already know there is a fault it won't help you http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
All you can do is wait for it to be fixed or get your PAC and move networks if you are out of contract and can do so for free.
Don't forget to unlock your phone first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca... and check out other networks with PAYG sim cards first to make sure coverage is good from other networks......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't give real time repair updates. Weather , parts , engineer availability and access to land all play a part.

Download the MYNETWORK app and keep reporting the masts and keep checking the service status page.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Also O2 have been know to give a gwg for prolonged loss of service If you ring them.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
My network app is here but as they already know there is a fault it won't help you http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
All you can do is wait for it to be fixed or get your PAC and move networks if you are out of contract and can do so for free.
Don't forget to unlock your phone first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca... and check out other networks with PAYG sim cards first to make sure coverage is good from other networks......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have this app and it was only through this i was able to see myself that it wasnt working. its still not resolved however and i am thinking why am i paying for something i am not receiving? it took for ME to contact o2 on three occasions for them to tell me it was not working and that it would be resolved " as soon as possible" which is fine, i understand that but dont fob customers off and on friday eve i suffered an incident and was unable to use my mobile to call anyone or the emergency services because guess what?! NO SIGNAL!!!!

its not good enough o2

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Faults happen on any network....
I'm not defending O2 in any way at all but it could happen on any network and mobiles should not be relied upon 100% for emergencies......

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest I now have my contract o2 and payg EE as I lost faith in o2 providing coverage when I NEEDED it and for the services I needed. Shouldn't have to but it was my choice as I travel a lot.
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
All other networks must have terrible coverage as well as you can call the emergency services on any network.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
All other networks must have terrible coverage as well as you can call the emergency services on any network.

Very true Nandroid - I believe you can dial 999 even without a sim in a phone.....?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct
Message 10 of 11