cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no reception for 2 days in immingham

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 been out yet again for 2 days in immingham,guess what,1 of the first texts that came through when it came back on was about a price increase,are they having a laugh,should of been about a refund for sub standard service,sort your life's out 02,increase at inflation,inflation currently zero!!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

02 been out yet again for 2 days in immingham,guess what,1 of the first texts that came through when it came back on was about a price increase,are they having a laugh,should of been about a refund for sub standard service,sort your life's out 02,increase at inflation,inflation currently zero!!

@Anonymous Outages happen to all networks. If it continues for a considerable length of time you may get a refund in the form of a goodwill gesture, but it's not guaranteed, nor is 100% uptime. As far as your price increase goes, it's in your contract that it will go up every year in line with the RPI. If you look at the Terms & Conditions it's there for you to see. Every network  increases their prices. If you're unhappy, pay off your device and change networks, but you won't find the policies any different.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Have you spoken to O2 regarding the outage? Were you given notice, ie was it planned.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Outages happen to all networks. If it continues for a considerable length of time you may get a refund in the form of a goodwill gesture, but it's not guaranteed, nor is 100% uptime. As far as your price increase goes, it's in your contract that it will go up every year in line with the RPI. If you look at the Terms & Conditions it's there for you to see. Every network  increases their prices. If you're unhappy, pay off your device and change networks, but you won't find the policies any different.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is the annual RPI increase that happens every year with every provider. We have all had notice of this

When you take out a contract you are informed of this in your  terms and conditions. If you don't want it then you would be better on PAYG if honest. Another thread on the same topic. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/RPI/m-p/951611/highlight/true#M79473

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think the main issue here is the network being down and by 'again', presumably it's not the first time. As said. all networks have problems, my own area currently has a mast down. It's ok at home but if I travel a mile in any direction there is no coverage. It's something that I have to tolerate as they are aware of it and it will be rectified as soon as possible.

As for the price increase, you agreed to it and O2 aren't the only network to write it into any contract.

Keep checking here for updates : http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 5 of 5