cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new o2 home page

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I alone in not liking the new homepage.
It always used to be very easy to go straight to your e-mail but it's a pain now.
Too many gimmicks like the stupid ducks - not enough concentration on making it user friendly.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It's called progress. I think they are still working on it. Everything is there it just takes a bit longer I find.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before: a row of nice hover and drop-down menus at the top, same sort of intuitive layout as any browser

After: where do I find a quick and easy link to for example international and roaming rates? Is it mentioned anywhere near tariffs? If I find out, I'll let you know ...

Just hope it isn't being done by the same people responsible for the decline of the O2 Ireland website ...
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do any of the links from the home page work?

I am due an upgrade, but I can't upgrade online. So I thought I would browse the store to see what Handsets I like the look of, but all I get is a "File Not Found" black test on white background. I can send a free text, but I cant log into my account, browse the store, look at tarrifs or anything useful.

What is going on?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was as suprised as the rest of you to see the sites been 'meddled' with and don't like it much either. I had a heck of a job trying to find the forums, which O2 seemed to have conviniently pushed at the bottom of a list out of eye sight. Maybes thats to stop us complaining as much he he

aye, whats with those stupid ducks??

Na hopefully a lot more should be added

and yes, the links do work cos I've been browsing the pages you're looking for
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nah, it's rubbish. It's not progress, it's meddling for the sake of meddling.
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
As with anything new/different you can't please everyone.Once all the teething troubles are rectified, people will get used to the new layout.Most of the links are now working ok.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not good at all.
The webmail page is so well hidden it takes several keystrokes to find it. even the search routine doesn't come up with a link. The 'contact us' link doesn't work either.
Why not leave the old menu on the home page.
The emphasis is totally on sales now not support
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Like any new design o2's website is fine once you get used to it. Why don't people like change? If everything remained the same, how do you progress?
The webmail is not difficult to find, just 2 clicks!

From the home page
Click - My o2
Click - o2 webmail
Takes me straight to inbox

Take 2 minutes to explore the layout and you'll know where everyting is slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
And you cannot browse the whole site on the iphone.

Tried to show a potential new o2 customer the tariffs yesterday it says your browser not supported come on o2 you have the iphone let your customers use the site.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 10