cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly deals + riddle

Anonymous
Not applicable

if for example I choose a 12 month contract of 500MB data for £12 p/month and at the end of the month I still have 200MB data and minutes left, will it sum up to the next 500 or I can only have a maximum of 500 per month? and if I decide to end the contract before it expires how much fee will I pay? 

if I have a pay & go sim can I upgrade it with the same deals of a pay monthly sim or do I have to request a new sim? viceversa, if I have a monthly pay sim can I use it as a pay & go if not anymore under the terms of the contract? in each case, if I have to request a new sim can I still have the same number I had before? 

As I was going to St Ives, I met a man with seven wives, each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats, each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks, wives, How many were there going to St Ives? 

D.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Payg sims are different to monthly sims as they contain different message centre numbers so sms may fail

it is a chargeable call every 6 months as per the payg t&c at the bottom of the page Payg t&c

edit to add

according to this post Source the 999 days between top ups is now 25 years 

and keep my number info http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Nothing rolls over to the following month. If you decide to end your contract early you have to pay the balance outstanding...

Some people prefer a sim only contract wheich you can have over 30 days or 12 months

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#/tariffs

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Allowances don't roll over, so use it or loss it. If in contact you pay monthly fee x months left - minus vat. Unless yours on refresh, you simply clear your handset loan and give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime.

So you can move to and from pay and go, but each have different price plans, so you need to review what plan best meets your needs first.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

so basically I can switch between pay&go and monthly sim with the same sim card but only at the end of the current plan right? 

if I don't have any credit or plans on my sim will it be suspended after a certain amount of time? would I be able to recover it or I just lose the number forever? can I still receive messages and calls in case it's been suspended?

It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you'll die. What is it?

D.

Message 4 of 13

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
As far as I know the same sim can be used.

If on pay and go you don't make a chargeable call for 3 months it's suspended, but can be reactivated within 6 months. You won't get texts etc while it's suspended.

I'm not a 100% sure of these timescales, but I'm sure someone else will confirm shortly.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You have to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up at least once every 999days to keep the sim active

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Payg sims are different to monthly sims as they contain different message centre numbers so sms may fail

it is a chargeable call every 6 months as per the payg t&c at the bottom of the page Payg t&c

edit to add

according to this post Source the 999 days between top ups is now 25 years 

and keep my number info http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Incidentally @Anonymous  the answers to the riddles you posted are as follows ......

1) One

2) Nothing

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I stand in the ground with no need for support, I'm 4ft tall and around me is nought. I am blunt and alone, a solitary pine, my only use, rarely I markout a goal line.
What am I.
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I stand in the ground with no need for support, I'm 4ft tall and around me is nought. I am blunt and alone, a solitary pine, my only use, rarely I markout a goal line.
What am I.

You sound like a goalpost...but no doubt that's far too obvious...:smileywink:

Maybe a corner post...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13