cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minutes used

Anonymous
Not applicable

iv been with 02 for approx 13 years . same monthly contract 600 mins unlimited txtx plus a little internet that i have never ever used.. I recently went over my minutes by 77 minutes to normal land lines mobiles etc . no 08 05 numbers . i have been charged over £46 making my bill £63 for the month. i know they are a big company and every one now days is just a didget on a screen but for 13 years i must have not used thousands of minutes with some months probably only using a hundred or so. with all this clever technology available now days surly a txt saying you have gone over your limit but seeing as you are a valued and loyal 13 year customer and it costs us nothing anyway we will charge you either nothing or just a few pence a minute not .60p a minute like they have.. i am now on EE 02 will not get another penny from me   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
That’s fair enough and I’d probably do the same thing.
It’s all about the money these days unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 abandoned their commitment to loyalty from customers a long time ago. We other customers understand why you would be annoyed with the charges, and you are perfectly within your rights to switch providers. I presume you switched to EE using the proper procredure. Just make sure there aren't any final charges on your O2 account that you may have overlooked, as this could have a negative effect on your credit rating if those charges aren't settled.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The penalties for going over your minutes can be crimping. One customer reported bills of over £400 and £300 due to this. Thank god for unlimited minutes and texts. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes rang 02 and they sent me a pac code and allso canceled my sim . im on a monthly contract sim only deal so no phone or contract time limit involved.I would have stayed with 02 forever as apart from the odd poor signal they were not a bad company. i also know its all about money now days and we the customer's dont have a say but this time i have had my say and gone to thier competition . its about time these big companies remembered who actually pays thier wages . they can lose my £200* a year but times that by a few thousand and they might even notice us   

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If you've used your PAC, that will automatically cancel your contract, but don't cancel your Direct Debit until you see a zero final bill. Good luck with whoever you're going to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6