cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop keyboard design fault

Anonymous
Not applicable

Caps Lock key = there is no light on my laptop keyboard to indicate when the Caps Lock key is 'activated' slight_frown

Yeah, I've only just recently noticed this ... but ... whey keying in a password generally & the display is in 'disguised mode' ... bearing in mind passwords are case sensitive, I have to trust that when I key in the password initially & then to 'prove it is correct' the laptop keyboard shows me no indication whether it is in lowercase or uppercase (CAPITALS) mode Smiley Frustrated

In the 'olden days' it was obvious ... just saying 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Some latops have a few lights either at the bottom of the screen or on the base near the keyboard to indicate caps lock / number lock / scroll lock being on. There is also usually a power and HDD light as well.
What sort of laptop do you have (make/model)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj wrote:
Some latops have a few lights either at the bottom of the screen or on the base near the keyboard to indicate caps lock / number lock / scroll lock being on. There is also usually a power and HDD light as well.
What sort of laptop do you have (make/model)?

thank you @gmarkj

Acer Aspire 5750 

Message 3 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There doesn't seem to be one on that laptop @Anonymous - sorry!
Depending on if you are on Windows 7 or 10, there are ways to get it shown on screen if caps lock is on.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @gmarkj

I have Windows 10

Message 5 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I get an on screen prompt for caps lock when I turn it on and off. On Windows 10 so you should be able to activate it @Anonymous 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Jane, there is a free programme you can download from here https://www.traystatus.com/ to put notifications on the system tray.
It's very small so won't take up all the disc space of slow you down any.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Jane, there is a free programme you can download from here https://www.traystatus.com/ to put notifications on the system tray.
It's very small so won't take up all the disc space of slow you down any.

@MI5 Where am I likely to find 'the tray status settings window' ?

I have to open this to 'activate the license key'

I know, sorry @MI5 Smiley Embarassed I do make things difficult for myself & I do appreciate such as yourself for having great patience & understanding of my poor quality tech ability ... thank you in advance of any help MI5 

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's part of the app settings - it's all on the link Jane wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @MI5 I'm in can't see the wood for the trees mode ... will attack it again in the morning when I'm fresh, allegedly LOL

Message 10 of 13