cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this forum a farce?

Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone else had truthfull threads containing no bad language taken down by the clan of uber secretive moderators?
i have only written about situations that they have put me in and still as it shows o2 in a bad light they take it down.
maybe if they put as much effort into solving customers problems as they do into patrolling this forum there would be less unhappy customers, i have been waiting for some kind of response to my two customer services queries for weeks now, yet they rip my posts off within 3 hours of them going up....
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes and no, the moderators (who are o2 staff) do monitor the forum to make sure you do not generally bad mouth o2 and that you do not break their t&c, however they are not responsible for answering questions, the forum is there to allow us to answer eachother's questions and share our experiences.
as one of the moderators put it "I'm afraid the moderators can't help with specific problems - that's not our role here. Nor can the Forums work as a back door into Customer Services. Whenever you are having a problem with an O2 product, then you should call CS and have them resolve it. What the forums can do is show you when other users have had similar experiences, and what they did to get over them. That might just save you the call, and a chunk of time."
which is fair enough really...
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Do O2 staff actually monitor the forums and provide answers to peoples questions or resolve problems?

No they don't...this forum is specifically for o2 customers who try to help each other through their knowledge and experiences. Obviously if you have big issues such as broadband download/upload/slow down at peak periods for instance, then whilst advice is available here, for a definitive resolution you would have to go through o2. Having said all that, o2 do use moderators employed by them to 'police' the forum to make sure comments and advice given do not breach o2's T&Cs but as long as all comments are constructive, fair and reasoned without the use of swear words, then posts won't be deleted.
However, whilst o2 do not provide answers through the forum, they have been known to post 'stickys' for general information.
Hope this helps a little
Message 13 of 13