cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international phavourites 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

International Favourites bolt on is due to expire by the end of November 2017. Does anybody know of equivalent service from others or any other options within the O2 environment. Using the internet is not an option for me as my mother is in her ninties and such technology is out of reach.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I believe others are trying this out
https://www.dial123.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousOthers are using this https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

Though it is just a trial and we understand that ultimately will be the replacement for International Favourites

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92908 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've been using Dial123 for a week now. You get a 40p free trial and I got 36 minutes to a German landline. I've topped up and used it twice since and still have over £9 left after two 30 odd minute calls

Highly recommended.... 

Message 4 of 7

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just received the text from o2 about the new "service"... Would be way too expensive for me to use as freely as I did International Favourites. Now the number I called is 5p a minute! It is outrageous after getting 3000 minutes for £10! Never used the 3000 minutes of course but even if called for 40 minutes a day it would cost £2 per day = approx £60 per month! Can't do that.
Have to use Skype who give unlimited calls for some£11+. But the problem is o2 connection is so bad in central London that Skype rarely works unless you are somewhere with wi-fi... And that is a problem.
I will never forgive 02 for this loss of service and will not be using the insulting new one! If I wasn't in contract I would be straight to EE who still offer international add on for a reasonable price.
Still can't believe o2 has done this. And they should have offered the £10 off from the last month of the add on I.e. November bill.
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @jtuk have you tried this https://www.dial123.co.uk/

Has been used by @jonsie who thought it was quite reasonable when he was phoning his family abroad....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92908 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's obviously not as good as the  old international bolt on but check the rates anyway for the country you are calling.  

Message 7 of 7