cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 cost?

Anonymous
Not applicable

so im due an upgrade but, how do o2 expect you to be loyal when they are charging £80 more for an iphone 7 128gb than if you go to apple sim free? plus you can get it through the iphone payments scheme interest free if you buy instore at an apple shop!! looks like i`ll be doing that and getting a sim only contract cheaper still!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

My thoughts exactly and the sole reason I havent bothered with the upgrade. How can O2 justify just sneaky tactics of adding on £90 onto the handset even it you buy it sim free. Its like they are trying to fool the customers with cheap gimics 'Upgrade on Us after 12 months' you can do that already as the iPhones value always tracks well with the O2 recycle cost anyway (ie now its £325 to settle my 6S and £330 to sell on recycle) but im sure they'll be plenty of people that'll fall for it by not clicking on the small blue i button and realising they are being overcharged, Good work O2! 

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
As above recycle. No one but you and me will ever know. My lips are sealed but do yourself a favour and don't use o2 recycle...
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was at the O2 store, ready to upgrade, when they released their prices this morning. I took one look at the total cost for two years and ordered from apple and immediately switched my tariff down to 2GB/Unlimited call/Texts for £15.30 a month.

So by O2 Adding £80 to the phone cost, I will now be paying them £367.20 over the next two years instead of £1,295.99, saving myself £229.79! Way to lose money O2!

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep i think with O2 increasing the cost by £80 and the new iPhone being £100 more expensive due to a weak pound just kills the appeal of O2 refresh. I hope you managed to get a good delivery slot from apple slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep i think with O2 increasing the cost by £80 and the new iPhone being £100 more expensive due to a weak pound just kills the appeal of O2 refresh. I hope you managed to get a good delivery slot from apple slight_smile

I did, 08:00-08:15 in store on Friday Morning!  Dance

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, not going through with my o2 upgrade, booked an appt with Apple, 11.15am
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here. I choose to upgrade to the 7+ 256GB and that is £1019 from o2 compared to £919 from Apple!

I didn't even notice because they don't make it blatantly obvious how much you are paying for the device in total. it just says 0% interest so I assumed the device would be the same price (£919) as every other retailer.

I think I will just return it if they don't match the price when i go to pick it up, and i'll get it directly from apple instead.

Message 8 of 8