cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3GS speaker problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
My iPhone 3GS speakers have stopped working. Only received it yesterday, set up was ok but for some reason my keyboard click does not work and no sound from speakers on itunes. Earphones work ok. Has anyone had same problem and know of a fix? (Have tried reset via itunes but no luck)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
probably hardware problem.

Is there any sound coming out of the speakers? Ringtone? alarms? Iplayer? Anything?

If not take to the Apple store, and see what they say. (Also bring your receipt as proof of purchase).
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Try plugging headphone in and out a few times.
Check the silent switch on the top left of the handset.

Report back

Also there is a dedicated Iphone technical forum here
viewforum.php?f=3

Also there is only one speaker on the bottom the other is the microphone

Have a look at the manual here http://support.apple.com/manuals/#iphone
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have tried all your suggestions with no luck, I guess it may be hardware. I have emailed O2 support so see what they say. Thanks for yr replies
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way I am getting ringtone sounds through speaker but nothing else it seems..weird and annoying as phone is only 1 day old !!
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If it is hardware do you live near an apple store as booking a genius appointment will get the problem resolved there and then or did you get it from an o2 shop if yes take it back there.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I did buy it online but am off to o2 store anyway. Will let you know how I got on. Cheers
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been to O2 store, guy looked at it but couldn't explain the fault, told me to ring O2 and explain. Rang O2 and they told me it was a hardware fault so are going to send replacement handset. Thanks for all your help and thumbs up to O2 for the quick response.

Cheers
Message 8 of 8