Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get it?

What do you think?

2D8BA911-1C89-454B-BBE4-F6502B992C6A.jpeg

A tad concerned it’s tracking which sites I spend time on...

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m still waiting for it to download the update, was released to my phone about 6.15pm this evening & it’s been stuck on update requested & 26 minutes for 5 hours now

Message 2 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get it?

What do you think?

2D8BA911-1C89-454B-BBE4-F6502B992C6A.jpeg

A tad concerned it’s tracking which sites I spend time on...

It depends if you’ve got something to hide wink

But I suppose you need that kind of detail if you’re serious about limiting the amount of time that you’re spending online, and of course, you can switch that feature off. For many of us though, it’s social media (and I include community forums in that definition) that’s taking up too much of our time, and I didn’t need an app to realise that my time could be better spent elsewhere. 

As for iOS 12, there’s some nice touches to it, and the News App seems more like the finished article (no pun intended). I’ll give it a couple of days though, before I decide if there’s any evidence of the promised improvements in performance, and whether battery life is adversely affected. 

I know it’s only eye candy, but I think the wallpapers could have done with a bit of a refresh, as most of them are flowers, or rainbow motifs. It could just be my iPhone 7 though, as previously they’ve added more wallpapers to those devices with better screens. 

Edit: to add clarification. 

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ll try & download it later on iTunes as it doesn’t seem to want to download OTA for some reason
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s a strange notification, that I’m guessing is linked to the new Screen Time feature:

6B5ED739-F064-4595-B68F-09EFEB03CE94.jpeg

I usually write a post on my iPad, but I quite often check how it’s displayed on my phone. But it seems like you’re being reminded that you’re already online on another device. It doesn’t stay there for long though, but I think it’s another distraction that I’m likely to switch off. 

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally decided to update itself OTA this morning, I like the new added features such as learning about battery & screen time etc but I’ve already played with the iOS 12 beta so I have prior experience & found this iOS to be more stable than iOS 10 & 11 for me at least
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

Did you notice any significant drop in battery life when the beta version of iOS 12 was installed?

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Did you notice any significant drop in battery life when the beta version of iOS 12 was installed?

On the beta - i got a message from the new battery app saying since I upgraded I was using the iPad more and that would degrade the battery life quicker..

but i can’t see much difference myself

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I didn’t notice a drop but more of an increase in battery life & speed

Message 10 of 28