cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFitness charges on bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just recently notice 2 weekly charges on my bill for £3 that say iFitness. I have never subscribed to this so called app or service and after sending a text "stop bfitness" to 80206, I have been unsubscribed. How did this get activated anyways? How do I recover the £6 that I have been conned out of? 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
erm...... like never !!!!

We are of 'one mind'....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same

I didn't know it was happening until ifitness texted to tell me I was a  member at £3 a week

Turns out I have been for 5 weeks so £18 incl VAT

By strange coincidence the very next day I had a text from O2 asking how I found the experience of making a purchase in this way. Clearly too easy as I didn't recall having done it.

Apple have you enter your password to make a 50p purchase but ifitness can just start taking £3.60 out of your account every week without any sort of security check so it feels like O2 aren't taking care of my money.

I spoke to O2, they were happy to refund me and have put a block on my account for any further purchases. I have never done this in 10 years so hopefully I won't start getting the urge to vote on Britains Got talent using my phone.

Message 22 of 45

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm glad O2 have refunded you, it's all too easy to fall victim to these thieves. 

Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Send this to your MP:-

I wish to exercise my statutory rights to a refund under s.45(4) of the consumer Rights Act 2015, for digital content provided by a company third party company.

That is to say I wish to have a refund paid in the same method for which I paid for the service.

My refund is for phone bill premium rate content provided by a third party that I should not have been signed up for in the first place. The company have agreed to a refund and I point blank refuse any method of payment other than my statutory right to have it credited back to my O2 account.

O2 are unable to process the refund, so I wish to seek redress from O2, for removing my statutory rights.

My contention is that o2 claim they are not responsible for any charges incurred by customers as it is not their responsibility to regulate and they are simply facilitating other companies to provide a service that some might want.

O2 are under no obligation to facilitate any service, this is purely a matter of choice. s.45(4) of the consumer Rights Act 2015 is not a choice but a statutory right that has been taken away. O2 should not have provided any service at the expense of my statutory rights.
Message 24 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have found that I have been charged £6/month. I phoned 02 and they were quick to offer a refund so I assume they are aware of the issue. I have never subscribed to anything let alone ifitness!!!

Sending the message STOP to 80206 seems to have done the trick though.

Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

The company is http://www.pmconnect.co.uk/contact-us.htm   based in birmingham

phone 03333352630 ... O2 knows all this yet refuse to sanction them or indeed

give you the correct info. Go figure!

There are other service providers available!

Message 26 of 45

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That info is freely available on here and Google, but I don't see why you think o2 CS should know?
It's your account and you should take steps yourself to rectify it until laws are changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

After suddenley finding i had paid £115 to IFITNESS i got o2 to cancell it, i had not ask for it and not recieved anything from them either.

I have been ringing them for months now trying to get a refund!!

I think now 02 should man up and refund on this, very dissapointed  in 02. anyone with any ideas??

Message 28 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

After suddenley finding i had paid £115 to IFITNESS i got o2 to cancell it, i had not ask for it and not recieved anything from them either.

I have been ringing them for months now trying to get a refund!!

I think now 02 should man up and refund on this, very dissapointed  in 02. anyone with any ideas??

Contact iFitness yourself and ask for a refund and to stop your subscription

http://mobilechargesupport.com/faqs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - O2 should have an extra security process to give the customer a chance to spot these scams early.

I'm afraid i don't check my O2 mobile bills regularly but just by chance, i checked last months.

I have now found that O2 have been deducting £3 week sine May 2017 - £90ish in total.

Up to know I have only recovered from iFitness £30 !!!!

I am still trying to recover my money.

Message 30 of 45