cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFitness charges on bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just recently notice 2 weekly charges on my bill for £3 that say iFitness. I have never subscribed to this so called app or service and after sending a text "stop bfitness" to 80206, I have been unsubscribed. How did this get activated anyways? How do I recover the £6 that I have been conned out of? 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 31 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

same thing has happened to me......do you know how much a STOP text message costs?

Message 32 of 45

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

wrote:

same thing has happened to me......do you know how much a STOP text message costs?

http://mobilechargesupport.com/faqs

How do I unsubscribe?

You can unsubscribe by sending us a text message. Please see below:

To stop Bounce Games send: stop bmgames to 60762

To stop iFitness send: stop bmfitness to 60762

To stop LV Food send: stop bmfood to 60762

To stop WWE send: stop bmwwe to 60762

All text messages will be charged at your standard message rate.

You will receive a text message confirming that you have unsubscribed

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me too!  Ifitness charge on my mobile phone.  I have not downloaded or installed the app.  It's a scam. It's fraud and theft.  This company needs to be stopped.  I have reported it to my provider who refunded the amount. 

Message 34 of 45

kowolski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this iFitness scam pulled on me. Rang O2 who gave me a number to call (0330 1224968) to unsubscribe from something I had never signed up for or even heard of. They did unsubscribe me (allegedly). Called O2 back to ask for a refund of the £12 and they agreed. O2 person commented something like "I wish they would leave us alone" maybe indicating they are as much a pain to O2 themselves as their customers.

Message 35 of 45

Pete-Creese
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this IFitness app inadvertently installed on my phone, I believe via a pedometer app from the Google Playstore.  I don't generally check my mon thly bill because its regular, but for some reason this month I did.  I saw that I had been charged £9 for 3 weeks 'subscription'. Steps to solve the problem:

1.  Text STOP bifitness to 80206

2.  Call O2 and advise them of the issue - they will potentially refund the 'subscription' charge.

3.  Advise O2 that you do not wish to enable automatic subscriptions.  I learnt this from speaking to someone at MDS who are the parasitic scum that manage this and other apps, who advised that you have to 'opt out' of these adverts and instant sign upps with your provider.  This is ironic because I never signed it to them.  However apparently the sign in is auttomatic and you have to opt out - I thought customers should have had the choice to opt in or out?

4.  Call MDS on 0333 1224968 and wait for the option to speak to a 'representative', when you speak to them quite simply advise them that you intend to lodge a formal 'Stage 1' complaint with Ofcom.  At this point if you haven't already secured you refund - you will be offered one now.

5.  Now complain to Ofcom to raise the awareness of the con artists.

Message 36 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for this info @Pete-Creese. Very helpful indeed wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 45

OShea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so... I have been conned out of over £180 by iFitness.

I'm a very busy single Mum and I never check my monthly phone bill. I finally found half an hour to head to my local O2 store and ask why the bill had increased and that's when they told me iFitness were taking of £3 per month and then £12 / month and then £15  month for well over a year. 

I have never been caught out by any other scam before and am absolutely fuming.

Does anyone have any advice about what I can do to try to claim my money back?

Message 38 of 45

OShea
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel your pain. I've lost over £180 to this scam.  I'm not sure how to get any of the money back but I think O2 could do a lot more - like send a text to confirm that payments are being made to a new payee.

Message 39 of 45

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@OShea 

This site has advice, but is down at the moment (try later) https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

and community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 45