cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFitness charges on bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just recently notice 2 weekly charges on my bill for £3 that say iFitness. I have never subscribed to this so called app or service and after sending a text "stop bfitness" to 80206, I have been unsubscribed. How did this get activated anyways? How do I recover the £6 that I have been conned out of? 

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can try to recover the charges here: http://psauthority.org.uk/

You may have inadvertently clicked on a link on Facebook or another social media site.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  You can try to recover the charges here: http://psauthority.org.uk/

You may have inadvertently clicked on a link on Facebook or another social media site.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Help thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also noticed this at 4 weeks of charges to my account after my 17yr old son has been using his mobile.

BEST RESULT - Try this:

1st)

Text "stop bfitness" to 80206

2nd)

Call O2 and ask then to block further payments going to ifitness.

O2 have also refunded me all the money (£12) and will take it off my next phone bill.

Hopefully this will stop all further unwanted charges.

-------

Warning:

When i first found out extra charges have been added to my account I rang O2 first and they wanted me to call ifitness and cancle the payments.

O2  gave me the number 0333 3217014 (this is for MCS, the company that runs ifitness).

before calling the number I also googled ifitness and went to there website via my laptop NOT MY MOBILE (after all this is how it all started) <http://mobilechargesupport.com/?service=fitness&gclid=CJDZ45nQq9ICFQoB0wodNWEDsA> and there was another number on theres website.

I called both numbers and the same answerphone message asked for the mobile number conserned.

I put in the mobile number and the recorded voice said it "didn't recognise this number". That is when I hung up and called O2 back and asked then to deal with it.

I called O2 and told them the number they gave me was not successfull. and thus asked them to block this number.

If your listening O2, i have a Question;

If there are so many people having issues with ifitness why don't you add a second level of secutity to your customer accounts and texting/emailing them to let them know that charges will be added to our billing accont for the use of the app, in this case ifitness outside of there allowance.  This will atleast give us the customer the opportunity to unsubscribe/cancle/investigate this before charges accumalate?

Message 4 of 45

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 won't be reading this but yes, a 2 step verification process would be a good idea for sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI. I'm having issues with o2 blocking this and refunding it. Ive had £12 charged since my last bill for weekly ifitness

Message 6 of 45

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As said many times on the forum, o2 cannot block them.
You must do it by following the advice on the guide given.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had the same problem with Ifitness, I had 4 x £3.00 charges on my bill and I have never had any association with this app. O2 are refunding the costs incurred and have barred charges to mobile, so if you have any trouble with O2 stating that they cannot do anything about this, they are lying!...The more people that report this issue the better it is and hopefully will bring down Ifitness!
Message 8 of 45

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Charge to mobile is not the same thing as being charged for these premium texts.
We must stress that you need to go through the process given above to stop the charges fully.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 45

Gary66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the info texted stop to I fitness and received a notification telling me I had been unsubscribed.i like many others never subscribed to this and suffering form cancer at the moment and having my sickness Pay all run out was the last thing I needed to see on my bill.will right off the £9 I been charged so far, but dismayed that I've been conned so easy in the first place.come on o2 tighten up security for your customers!
Message 10 of 45