cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s7

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello good moring

im so happy to have recieved my s7 edge  but i am a little puzzled and was asking the community if they could plz help     so preorded phone has arrived on time but the sim is not activated  and its bin in phone for 24hrs  now o2 are saying the sim wont work till the 11th   is this true or am i having my chain yanked    any help plz

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
tbh ive had enough now every time i ring them its a diff answr now telling me i have to wait 5 days
i am seriously thnking of canciling all my contrcts and i have 5 just want my sim acrivated
Message 31 of 92

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Having to wait five days to get a new sim in order to activate it is unacceptable. The OP is an O2 customer. AN O2 CUSTOMER! This differentiation between online and in store is absurd. Is there anything in the Terms and Conditions that says anything about this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 32 of 92

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've never known a scenario where a new account has to wait for 5 days to be activated. There's a strong whiff of bull excrement here.

Message 33 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

To be honest @Bambino I am giving up on that advice now. Until a couple of days ago many of us were telling customers to go instore to allow them to sort a variety of issues. ...I know what my local store is willing to do and that varies from store to store. I honestly think some staff will go the extra mile and others wont.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 92

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Well @Cleoriff I just had a very quick skim through the T&C's and I don't see anything anywhere that says that if you bought a phone online, you can't bring it in store if you're having a problem. I say again it was a quick skim, so if someone else knows differently, I will stand corrected. I understand that some O2 stores are franchised, and their policies might be different, but an ordinary O2 customer wouldn't know which stores were or weren't franchised. I don't see why or how an online O2 customer could be any different from an in store customer. IT'S THE SAME COMPANY!!!!

@Anonymous if it were me being treated this badly, I would return the phone and cancel the contract. You're within the 14 day change your mind/cooling off period. The only place O2 feels any pain is in their pocket. Okay, it would only be a gnat bite, but it's the only way to let them know they can't treat customers this way.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 35 of 92

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
tbh ive had enough now every time i ring them its a diff answr now telling me i have to wait 5 days
i am seriously thnking of canciling all my contrcts and i have 5 just want my sim acrivated

Sorry to hear CS aren't making this straight forward 😕

Do you have any other phones in your house that you may be able to pop your SIM card in to, to see if they can pick up service? You can use the adapters that came with the nano-sim if needed. Is this a new phone number, or did you want to bring a number across from pay as go you go or another network?

Message 36 of 92

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just go in an O2 store and get them to reactivate a new one.
Take photo id and proof of address and they'll sort it out.
Message 37 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Just go in an O2 store and get them to reactivate a new one.
Take photo id and proof of address and they'll sort it out.

Oh lol Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 92

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Whys it funny? That's the quickest way to get a new sim activated.
Message 39 of 92

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Whys it funny? That's the quickest way to get a new sim activated.

I know....just laughing is all. Must be the long journey I have just been on...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 92