Did you mean: 

free office 365(frustrated)

paul3112
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi guys,

so i take up an offer to upgrade my tablet partly because i get 12 months free office 365.

the link i have to subscribe comes up but does not work, when it asks me to put the email address in that i used to purchase upgrade then it says this is not recongised( this is the only email i have ever used on o2).

i have been on the phone to o2 3 times this week and been extremly frustrated at the lack of knowledge on this.

phone call 1 was to a guy who said he didnt know what the issue was but then sent me a text link to microsofts home page and told me they would sort it.

phone call 2 was a lady who told me i had to contact yahoo as it was their problem not 02's( i actually laughed at this one)

phone call 3 i asked for a manager straight away as i thought they may be able to help me better than the previous 2, the lady was quite rude and said i couldn't speak to a manager and she would take care of me, again she said it was my email provider and nothing to do with o2.

i presume these calls get logged and go through to wherever it is they are based( india?)...

i could really do with getting this office 365 up and running as it really did swing the deal of me upgrading and i cant even bear the thought of another phone call to guys who dont know how to sort this and instead send me ridiculous links to fob me off.

anyone else had this issue and how its resolved?

thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

LimitedEdition
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same issue I had from Sept this year up to a couple weeks ago. Got the upgrade (that went totally wrong but that’s another story) tried to redeem the offer it couldn’t verify my email, contacted Kondor, who contacted o2 to fix it. When redeemed (1st stage) it says wait three days for another email... that email didn’t come, contacted Kondor who said you need to wait 15 days. Waited 15 days (actually 20 to be sure) still nothing. Kondor said contact o2 via social media... blah blah blah, in the end, they credited the year subscription amount to my o2 account. I didn’t have to go as far as writing to the ceo though.
Message 11 of 18

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't consumer law state that the contract/agreement is with the retailer?  In this case, O2. 

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 18

Marcotat
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Caps it’s shouting ! The person is trying to help you, so stop being pedantic and appreciate people’s help 

Message 13 of 18

Marcotat
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally agree

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In this case caps were used to stress a point. The OP wasn't shouting or being rude in any way. 

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

In this case caps were used to stress a point. The OP wasn't shouting or being rude in any way. 

No they weren't. Just making a point of clarification. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad that’s clear then wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions