cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

found an iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey there this might seem like an unusual question but here goes, My dad found an iphone on the bus so being the decent guy he is he hands it in to the police, nobody claimed it and the owner was not found so my dad has since had the phone returned to him but it seems to be barred, now to the question is there anyway o2 can unbarr it or has he just got himself an expensive paperweight? thanks in advance for any help :robotsad:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
send it to me
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
errrrrm no lol
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
...has he just got himself an expensive paperweight? thanks in advance for any help :robotsad:

Yes, I'm afraid so.

The owner will have reported it to o2 and o2 will have blacklisted the IMEI so that it can't be used as a phone. You might be able to restore in iTunes and get it to work as an iPod.

You could ring o2 and tell them it was found and the police have allowed it to be kept. They might remove the bar if there's documentary evidence that this has been done.

I'm surprised that if the police contacted o2 they weren't able to identify the owner. If it's been reported lost then they must have the owners name and the IMEI in order to block it.

SV
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could ring o2 and tell them it was found and the police have allowed it to be kept. They might remove the bar if there's documentary evidence that this has been done.
SV

thanks for that,

thats what i was hoping to do but was just wanting to get some clarification on wether this is something o2 would do or if they would just say tough luck, was just wanting a response from someone from o2 maybe grin grin
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised that if the police contacted o2 they weren't able to identify the owner. If it's been reported lost then they must have the owners name and the IMEI in order to block it.

Not if it was a PAYG iPhone they won't.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you and/or your dad wanted to return it to the owner, surely O2 could help tracking him/her down, after all if it's IMEI blocked it means the owner themselves have blocked it, i.e. know it's been lost, i.e. (still?) hoping it can be recovered.

You can also look it up on immobilise.com, if it's registered there it's even easier to find the owner.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
sell it on ebay as "sold as seen" wink
Message 9 of 9