cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabled restricted line all in one day online chat cant help or call back

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • We are disabled always paid bill on time yet a seris of three messages in one day resulting in restricted call cmy ant call o2 as dont answer and chat is no help despite giving correct password info claim is wrong we rely on phone o2 dont care may take whole family to vodaphone need to get out of contract as we was not told about line rental going up when we took contract as watch dog says to be valid need to be told before contract is taken.

there was a problem with my phone about 3 months plus and was told no warrenty and i was on my own to sort repair and yet manifacter said it was in warenty poor service all along and geeting worse.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi chipi,

You should take a look at the link that adamtemp64 posted to see if emailing the support team is a better option for you. (Thanks Adam).

If it does not help, feel free to send me a private message.

I'll close this thread now as lots of advice has been given out in regards with what to do next.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately you can only resolve this by speaking directly to customer service. There must be a reason O2 have restricted calls on your account but no one on here has access to your details.

Line rental increases were well publicised in advance and you would have received notification.

To end your contract you would need to pay up the remaining term.

Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The increase in line rental was valid and within the terms & conditions of the contract. Vodafone have also put their prices up in the last year and have also said they may do again soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a customer with motabilty problems waiting for periods of time on the phone is very painfull about 1 1/2 hours today saying i was wrong and my disabilty does not quilify for and extra help and your online chat has no way of telling any other dept a customer needs help no trained staff or dept to help disabled customers i feel very let down as to price increse although you advertised it you did not make it clear to customer at point of sale see watchdog as they aired peoples complaints with o2 and went to o2 store to see if staff told there customers. i was not told at point of sale in adition pay as you go customers now get a better deal than contract is the increase subsadising them.

i need a service that understands i have a disability and make reasonable adjustmts to help in providing that service as the discrimination act applies to address situations like this but o2 only seam to think people with hearing problems need help as all othe disabled need to be treated the same as everone else.

help me in providing a fit and proper service or release me free of charge from my contract and let me find another service provideer as messaging people all in one day that money is outstanding when belive its been paid as always then threatining restrictions taking payment on visa card then saying 24hrs auto message before reaches account and having online chat not fit for purpose unable to understand despite telling them disabled need help has left me in a greet deal of pain using the phone for extended periods of over an hour im very upset and disressed about not only today but other issuses shame on you O2 as you said you did everthing you could corectly and i am wrong as i am seeking compinsation for all the stress and will not go away quitly as i want a system put in place to help disabled whatever there disability with advisers that understand and willing to make adjustments for customers.

Please help.

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am disabled and have severe mobility problems I understand what your saying about the pain of holding the phone for extended periods of time maybe you could have used speakerphone or a headset as to the price increase the way they did it was not contrary to any law and is not something you can get out of your contract for

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately we are all customers so cannot help you but have you tried laying your phone flat on a table top and using the handsfree function? I'm not sure what else you are expecting from O2 as your post is not all that clear.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your contract with O2 included you agreeing to the terms (including the possibility of a price increase) of the service, these are on the web site and have always been there for you to check.

The price increase was well announced months ago and you should have been informed.

This increase will not allow you an early release from your contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried customer services said they cant hear me im not an idiot just another example of shift blame to customer im fed up never treated this way by anyone else even sky tv have a dedicated dept and staff that are aware of an individules needs and problems not so at 02 all this messaging is getting no where my resolution would be release me from contract free of charge and£50 compinsation regarding wrong information regaring warrenty on phone as that was a breach us under eu law the retailer O2 is responsable for the first year instead i was given the runaround.

Even though ive paid i have got a message asking if i was the bill payer and to pay the bill what planet is O2 on why have i been in contact today call me a human voice and sort this mess out O2

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well you won't be getting out of contract but you may get a goodwill gesture if you call 202 and speak to CS, although I suggest you approach it in a different manner to that which you have here.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

they where given the chance and i aired my views on here as a last result if they dont come back to me it will be up to litigation as you made it clear about O2 bussiness practice in the way you responded to me and other customers i will start a website up listing the conversations in full and transcrips of chats as O2 help to me has been non existant as i am sure other customers feel about customer service if you responded to actualy resolving issues and giving correct information as quick as youy defend O2 putting your hands uop admiting a mistake or mistakes would mean more to customers like me rather than fight and lay blame elsewhere.

Message 10 of 20