Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data security breach

Bob1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi as any one had a letter or phone call from o2 regards your data security .
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I did get something many years ago - there was advice given somewhere to report it to some Legal part of O2 at the time, and also change my O2 password, just in case. 

Can't recall if anything came of it... 

If you are concerned, I would change both your MyO2 and Community Forum passwords, ensuring they are different from each other, just to be sure, @Bob1

Message 2 of 11

Bob1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks PGN done all that .
had a email and letter sent out from o2 saying been a breach of my details at IBM who hold customers details just wanted to know if any one else had contact as well from o2 regards this .
Message 3 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Here's the link to O2's advice Phishing, if that helps, @Bob1 :

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I think that is where I was referred to when I got a suspicious-looking message way back when. 

I have read about an IBM data breach elsewhere, as well as a couple of hotel award scheme sites...  I generally watch 2 or three places for such reports, just for my own awareness, eg:

https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/data-breach

https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/special-report/data-breach/latest-incidents

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Bob1 

Hello ~ Good you are cautious and asked about this on the Community Forum.

I have not had anything like that.

If I had I would also ask the Community too ~ well done

stay safe.Wave

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, not had anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No nor me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Bob1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi all it turns out is was from o2
ibm who manage some o2 customers data have had a data storage device go walk about containing customers details .
o2 are a waist of space no help apart from paying a 12 month protect my I'd membership from experian.
Message 9 of 11

BinaryLife
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Within the last 2 weeks somebody has altered my billing address. I only found out as I failed the security check when calling customer support recently because I gave them the "wrong" billing address. It's really worrying, as it sounds like an attempted account takeover, whereby they change the address, then order a handset, which then gets delivered to the new address.

What's worse, O2 tell me there is NO LOGGING AT ALL of when things get changed via the website, which is pretty appalling if true.

They also told me there had been no recent data breaches. I am a pretty security conscious person, and never click email links, and use extremely long randomly generated passwords everywhere. So how this happened it pretty alarming.

Message 10 of 11