Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service in my local O2 store

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Whilst on my recent foray en francais I took my Ipad with me which has an O2 sim in it. And before you all start jumping to conclusions that this post is going to be a moan about how it didn't get any coverage etc etc etc I know and I knew and this is not what the post is about. Curious now aren't you?

So after spending a few weeks in 35-40 degree heat connected to WiFi me and my Ipad went to St Malo to return to a wet and cold UK(cor only 19 here! LOl). When getting close to the UK and in UK waters so got some UK coverage turned on the trusty I pad and thought I'd check my eamils etc as I had been out of coverage for a whole 9 hours and the world might have come to and end!

My Ipad wasn't seeing the network, so left it till I got home. Turned it on the following day and still no network connection went into settings and the Ipad didnt even seem to know it was network enabled as my number had disapeared as had the configure network setting option wasn't

So.. Ill take into the O2 shop I thought and get their advice and so we come to the reason and po0nt to this post.

I walked in and spoke to the person wandering around with the tablet asking what everyone wanted. I explained my predicament, and whilst doing so a seemingly helpful person that haad come to the till for someting whilst selling a new connection to someone asked what the issue was and then promptly said that it would have to go away for repair. how long would that be? I asked well, she said it will take 5-7 days to get to the repairers and who knows how long after that.

I explained that it was less than a year old at which I was told it would be better to take it to an Apple store and they would probably be able to sort the software there. Great I said where is the nearest Apple store she told me and it was 40 miles away! I asked if they could get me a copy of my receipt(I bopught it from there) and was curtly told that I would be able to get that from the my O2 app!.

So I had a look and confirmed my knowledge that it wasn't there.

Now at this point Im getting the needle as everyone had now lost interest and had no desire to help(probably because I wasnt buying a new device) I then collared the person wandering around with the tablet and asked to speak to the store manager. At this point the Guru who was behind the counter dealing wih other customers asked what the issue was and asked me to hang on for a few minutes and he would take a look.

He did just that and it turned out to be, as I had suspected, a faulty SIM. He did a sim swap which took 6 minutes(I timed it) and all was well again. Now that's good service and he was a shining beacon amongst a quagmuire of mediocrity 

I thanked him profusely and left.

Now my issue is this. 

I was immediately dismissed and sent off to an Apple store because no one took the time to look after me properly, which is very poor customer service.

I was initally spoken to and then dismissed which is very poor customer service

I knew exactly what the issue was as did the Guru and if I had taken my ipad to Apple they would have sent me back to O2, quite rightly, as there was nothing wrong with my Ipad, which is very poor customer service.

I dont expect Harrods levels of cusotmer service in an O2 store but I do expect to be treated with a little respect and courtesy when I go in.

O2 retail need to sort this as this is not the frirst time I have moaned about the servioce in my local O2 store.

Rant overyahooyahoo

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's only by complaining that anything will be done. The O2 gurus have not had a good reputation lately but thankfully you found one that knew his/her stuff.

@Marjoor @EmilieT or @Martin-O2 will feed the good and the bad reviews back to the store and hopefully to higher up the O2 food chain.

Message 2 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie smiling

@jezza1234 I'm happy to pass on your feedback to the Store in question. Can you let me know when you were there and which Store it was? Thanks! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Hi Martin it was the Chelmsford store on Sunday AM.
Thx
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Awesome, thanks @jezza1234! I'll make sure your feedback is passed on. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5