cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi I contacted the chat service a few months ago in relation to the service in the area, I had a major issue with the service and I felt like I hit a brick wall when I was relaying this to the agents in chat! I was in the process of selling a car and waiting for a call and didn't get it due to the service, the guys in chat basically made me out to be a liar and said that i didn't phone them at the time, how could I as I had no service? this has left me disillusioned with the network as I didn't get an outcome not even an apology, just was told because I didn't ring at the time it didn't happen!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum.

We have always advised not to contact Live chat for account enquiries as they are non Uk outsourced callcentres who have limited capability to help and work from a script.

Always phone 02 Customer Services.

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile444525p per call*
From a landline0844 809 02225p / min**

Have you checked the Service Status to see if any masts are down or being repaired.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Also try removing your sim and wipe it down to remove any static build up.

sometimes swapping your sim to anew one helps too.

Blanks can be picked up from an 02 shop or sent to you in the post.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

It can take from 2 hours to 24 hours to fully re activate and typically turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps reset the service.

Also check that your phone is working properly by inserting another sim in it.

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum.

We have always advised not to contact Live chat for account enquiries as they are non Uk outsourced callcentres who have limited capability to help and work from a script.

Always phone 02 Customer Services.

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†

PAYG Customers.

From your O2 mobile444525p per call*
From a landline0844 809 02225p / min**

Have you checked the Service Status to see if any masts are down or being repaired.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Also try removing your sim and wipe it down to remove any static build up.

sometimes swapping your sim to anew one helps too.

Blanks can be picked up from an 02 shop or sent to you in the post.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

It can take from 2 hours to 24 hours to fully re activate and typically turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps reset the service.

Also check that your phone is working properly by inserting another sim in it.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi I work for Vodafone ie and I know how to reset my network in order to gain service but this didn't work, it shouldn't matter who im talking to or where they are in the world because I am contacting 02 and they should have knowledge of my query, because they are outsourced doesn't excuse lack of knowledge
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You work for Vodafone but didn't take out a contract with them even after their great staff discounts?? Did you not check the network coverage before you took out a contract with O2 rather than Vodafone?

You're right though, it shouldn't matter who you speak to, but the sad fact of the matter is that Live Chat is based overseas and the advisors essentially follow a script. If you ask them to do something that isn't on a script you might struggle. However its the same as anything else, it all depends on who you end up speaking/chatting to as to what kind of service you will end up getting.

bandofbrothers has given a good few places to start in trying to resolve your problem.

Message 4 of 4