Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problems with my S6

keithwill838
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have an s6 i only ever get 2 bars shown on my phone ,and when i am away from my house wi-fi and i turn my mobile data on i never get a H to show that i can use my data to visit websites  etc ,when i am away from a fixed wi-fi,i have my data on now sitting in the house and the bars on my phone are just one and no H showing,i have checked connectivity in my area and its says its is good,i have my connection settings set to 2g/3g as there is no 4g in my area.at the moment whenever i am away from home or near a wi-hot spot i cannot use my phone for browsing,,is their either something wrong with the settings on my phone or is there something wrong with the phone,any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Hi there Keith. Are you on contract or pay as you go? If you are on contract, has there ever been a PAYG sim card in your S6?

One quick thing I'd suggest doing is texting the word Active to 2020. This will push the correct internet settings to your phone. They'll appear in the form of a text message and you should see a button to install them. Does that make a difference?
Message 2 of 5

keithwill838
  • 31 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No i am on contract never a payasyougo sim in it,,have texted that number and installed but still the same problems

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Are you able to try your sim in another phone? Is this problem affecting other o2 users? Have you checked for issues in your postcode? 

http://status.o2.co.uk

It could be a faulty phone or a network issue but if you could try your sim in another handset it would narrow down the fault. Going into an o2 store would be beneficial as they would happily try your sim in a test handset.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144154 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Sounds like you are in a 2g area only so I would switch network mode to 2g only (GSM)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5