cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get hold of my o2 web mail!

Anonymous
Not applicable

All day I have had no access to my o2 mail.  This seems to be a problem at their end, not mine. 

All my addresses are there, and numerous important dpieces of correspondence.  Unbelievably irritating.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like other users I haven't been able to access my emails from my PC all day.  I've also been having problems for some time now with slow loading of my inbox. 

My understanding was that when Sky took over O2 broadband the webmail stayed with O2.  This was confirmed when O2 helped sort out my account after it was hacked last year and the password changed. 

I had decided to move to another email service as O2 was becoming increasingly flaky but, if they are about to shut it down, a few weeks notice would be good so that I can save my contacts and important emails. So let's hope whatever problem is causing the current access problems is resolved soon so I can finally make a move to a more reliable service.

Message 21 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest if you have been having problems for some time maybe you should have been looking at backing stuff up and changing before. Easy for me to say but it's what I would have done.

Message 22 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest if you have been having problems for some time maybe you should have been looking at backing stuff up and changing before. Easy for me to say but it's what I would have done.

And I would get it done asap...while they still have limited service/access....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also can't get hold of my O2 webmail.    No official notice given by O2.    And a firm commitment was given by O2 that they would continue to offer their webmail service to broadband customers, who transferred their business to Sky.   Phoning 02 Customer Services was of no use.   Mostly they haven't got a clue and certainly won't confirm anything in writing.     Does anyone have anything official about the problem?    Is it a techical issue, in which case, I hope the issue is resolved soon.   I notice the O2 webmail sign-on icon is still there.   If the service is going, why not remove the sign-on link?     Can anyone help? 

Message 24 of 27

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Our community coordinator is trying to get more info - until then, no one here can help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I suspect the link is there for people who can still access email. Time it was removed though.

Message 26 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I suspect the link is there for people who can still access email. Time it was removed though.

@MI5  noticed this and posted in another thread asking Toby to remove it from the landing page....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 27