Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call barring

Donl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone appears to have call barred itself for out going calls and txt, leaving only internet access and incoming calls and text. I have tried the settings menu and using the suggested default passwords for setting call barring (0000 or 1111). the reponse i get as an end result is that there was an error with either the network or the simms card. I see there is another post on here from someone that had the same problem, but he has not published how his issue was resolved , but just that it was.
I am hoping for a simple solution to rectify this without having to reset my phone. this problem does not relate in any way to my payments for phone service or any problems with my phone service provider. I have scvanned my phone for viruses etc nd it is clear. I have no idea how the settings changed to invoke phone barring on outgoing calls and text, but when I try to make a call the screen desplays a message to say that it can't complete the call whilst phone barring is on. I would appreciate any advice tht can be given to change this back to off.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Donl 

There is a network problem effecting a few customers at the moment.

O2 are aware of it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Donl , how are you getting on with this today, is everything working ok now?

Just confirming on our end as well that the issue mentioned above has been fixed for the small proportion of customers who may have been experiencing difficulty when using voice over 4G and voice over wifi service to make an outgoing call yesterday. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

Message 5 of 5