cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blackberry phone - mobile.02.co.uk charges?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there

i have a blackberry storm phone, with a simplicity sim - why am I getting charges from mobile.02.co.uk, I have unlimited web so whats going on? I also have iphone 3gs with 02 but do not incur these charges.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got that happening to me on my blackberry 9700, o2 charge for internet access using mobile.02.co.uk

You need to make sure it is set to access the internet correctly ring o2 and get them to help you set it up so it doesnt use mobile.02.co.uk and also tell them you want a refund of those charges, thats what I did when i downloaded a utube application and it did that to me and I got the charges all refunded.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blackberry handsets use two types of data. Most apps go through your BIS account, but some will only connect through O2's servers. For this reason, many Blackberry owners have the unlimited Blackberry bolt-on and a capped internet plan with their provider. Or you can check with the maker of the app before installing.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know much about this but surely you need unlimited Blackberry bolt on not unlimited anything else.
2p worth
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I was having a similar problem with mobile.o2.co.uk charges appearing for no apparent reason. O2 customer services were useless and wern't even willing to tell me WHY I was getting charged

I phoned trading standards aand they told me that under the Supply of Goods and Services Act, O2 HAD to supply me with a solution to these anonymous charges.

Surprisingly, after I told O2 this, they were all over a solution and they have now shut down the mobile.o2.co.uk APN on my account. This is no way has affected my usual internet use but anything that tries to charge can't connect (including using as a modem)

I understand that though this might not be a solution for those of you who want to use your phone as a modem, but if you simply want the charges to stop like I did, this works great.

Feel free to quote that bit of law, it puts their tails between their legs! I hope this helps.

LordJoeHo
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The charges tend to come from third party applications/ games that connect through the o2mobile APN, hence the charges.
Message 6 of 6