cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are iphone 6s locked to 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, i have purchased a iphone 6s from ebay, the guy says it is an unwanted upgrade from 02 ,sealed box, and unlocked , i would like to if this sounds right? or will it be locked to 02.

many thanks for any help

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If from O2, it is locked 100%
Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If from O2, it is locked 100%
Message 2 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Also, if he doesn't pay his bill, it will be blocked from use too.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great thanks for super quick reply slight_smile he has not posted yet so I think I will ask for money back
thanks again
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous We have seen so many problems recently with phones bought from Ebay. It could be genuine but is it worth the risk?? Not in my opinion...an expensive mistake could be made...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Also remember this. If it was an 'unwanted upgrade from O2' ....it could've been returned within 14 days for a full refund...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Also remember this. If it was an 'unwanted upgrade from O2' ....it could've been returned within 14 days for a full refund...

I think the term is used loosely, I didn't want my iPhone upgrade, I wanted the 600 quid....

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122839 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think the term is used loosely, I didn't want my iPhone upgrade, I wanted the 600 quid....

Still mind boggling however....and not 'best practice' (in fact quite shady) Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would never go the eBay route tbh
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to buy from ebay but would not now due to all the shady practices.

Smartfones isnt too bad thet sell unlocked they us royal mail next day before 1pm delivery excellent service.

giffgaff which is a movo of o2 and owned by telphonica sell factorty unlokced phones ( though there have been at least two instances recently of all the iphones going out locked but they were unlocked eventually) they use ukmail, I am not overly fond of them but they do now track and give you an hour timing and will send an email or txt I have had the last two deliveries from other companies actaully come on time.

Buying from apple direct is a very safe way and they sometimes have fianace deals 

carphone warehouse and the like sell sim free iphones which lock to the first network used (o2 possibly being the esiest to unlock cought splutter compaired to the other networks friends have been stuck on  )

If your spending hundreds you dont want to end up with problems from an ebay purchase, except from a company with very high satisfaction scores (99.8 or above) same for amazon.

Message 10 of 19