cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are iphone 6s locked to 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, i have purchased a iphone 6s from ebay, the guy says it is an unwanted upgrade from 02 ,sealed box, and unlocked , i would like to if this sounds right? or will it be locked to 02.

many thanks for any help

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for all your advise it's v m appreciated slight_smile he has offered to request 02 unlock then restore to factory settings before sending, so he would need to open the box, but i'm thinking now as advised on here if he does that and then doesnt pay the bill 6 months down the line maybe the phone could be blocked then?

maybe another option would be me getting a 02 sim only contract?  

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 won't unlock it for 6 months either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That^^^

That phone will be locked to O2 for the near future.
Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would still walk away if honest.. The seller obviously has no idea of the policy on unlocking a new iPhone and sounds desperate for the sale

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Buy from somewhere reputable, such as CEX, Amazon but not ebay !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
got a refund slight_smile thanks for all your advise, staying clear of ebay, will buy from argos/Tesco/currys/amazon/reputable company for peace of mind. £414 was a good price for 64g 6s but like you say too risky and too many complications
Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
got a refund slight_smile thanks for all your advise, staying clear of ebay, will buy from argos/Tesco/currys/amazon/reputable company for peace of mind. £414 was a good price for 64g 6s but like you say too risky and too many complications

Good call @Anonymous We can all stop worrying now...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have a look at giffgaff phones too.
All sim free and you can pay monthly too.
https://www.giffgaff.com/apple/apple-iphone-6s/phone-details

Currently using:
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
remember if you buy from amazon only buy from them direct not market place unless its a company as thats just the same as eBay
I bought a watch which turned out to have a manufacturing fault amazon were great but i made sure it was bought from them direct.
The giffgaff ones can often be priced very competitively through not the price you were looking at but that was too good to be true. The are in and out of stock so you'd need to keep sharp eye out.
Message 19 of 19