cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are O2 tariffs competitive ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a long time SIM only user of mobiles on a monthly rolling contract I'm amazed how uncompetitive the UK market is ( just look at the cost of calls/contracts on China Mobile and weep) and that's before the EE feeding frenzy and 4G hangover.

A little while ago on Simplicity ( 2008 ?) I was paying O2 some £30 pcm for unlimited data and 1200 or was it 1500 minutes a month & texts which I never used. Now they are charging me £18.50 pcm, for 600 minutes, 100MB data ( yes 100!) and texts that I dont use. If I want to renew thay want to stiff me with another £2 pcm to change the data allowance from 100MB to 500MB. Its not happening.

Simplicity charges have crept up & up, you now even have a 12 month Simplicity contract - go figure. What's flexible about a 12 month contract ?

So I look at the tariff posted by the O2 reseller Tesco Mobile ( who dont use those rip-off 0844 numbers btw). SIM only 500 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data is £12.50pcm on a one month rolling contract; on a twelve month contract for £12.50 the minutes are increased to 750.

Why don't O2 want to retain their customers ? Customer retention is surely the name of the game. PAC code here I come.

M&C

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, 

Message 21 of 31

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

I'm sorry too & I wasn't even on this thread.................. wink

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 22 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting back onto the subject "The other mans grass is always greener", nobody is forcing anyone to stay as has already been stated.

I left O2 having been an O2/Cellnet customer for a good few years, did the rounds and am back with O2 with a package that suits me and am happy with as far as the mobile is concerened.

The landline/broadband however is a different kettle of fish and I cant see me sticking with a service that is getting worse and support was of little use on my last call. Done all the checks etc

Message 24 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 don't seem to be concentrating so much nowadays on their broadband service. I think it's now a dead duck, or at least terminally ill.

Message 25 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

O2 don't seem to be concentrating so much nowadays on their broadband service. I think it's now a dead duck, or at least terminally ill.

They are in the middle of rolling out a totally new network.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 31

GrahamF
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting back onto the subject..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah, darn it, we nearly derailed this one Liquid.................. Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 31

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Try again some other time;) I've got a nice count for solutions to threads. I wonder if we can get a count for threads successfully derailed as well;)

I have to agree with reader. You have to go with who's best for you it's a waste of time to try and bend a service to your needs:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 28 of 31

GrahamF
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

Liquid wrote:
I've got a nice count for solutions to threads. I wonder if we can get a count for threads successfully derailed as well wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any chance Toby/Leonard...........??  haha tongue

Message 29 of 31

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Haha, I'll see how gargantuan this task would be wink
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 30 of 31