cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'about you' is somebody else..

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed when topping up my mobile broadband it has all changed now and 8GB is available which is great. I want to top up but when I select the amount I want a box appears to the right with 'about you' written on top...but the name, email and number is not me! It is a polish person with a polish email and completely different number... I am afraid that if I top up the data will go to this person and it will be £26 down the drain. I really don't want to start getting involved with O2's customer support as I had lost most of my hair last time whilst pulling it out... Anybody help me please? Is it safe to topup? is this a known phenomenon? Thanks a lot
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still suggest contacting cs as this sounds like an accounts issue
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Definitely needs CS to look into this and I would suggest buying a voucher to top up for now until sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is definitely an account issue and something is wrong if it is showing another name. You need to contact CS asap to get this sorted

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I had to contact O2 through Tesco Customer Services as for some reason the 0344 number comes up with 'this number is not recognized' on my tesco phone...

The guy took all my details SIM, number etc and after speaking to somebody assured me it was 100% fine to top up and not to worry about it...so I topped up and everything was fine (except it said that my payment had not gone through when infact it had...and it was advertised as £13 but next to my plan is £15?!)...he said he had never seen this happen before and it was very odd.

Thanks for replys

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think I would change my password for the account just in case. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There have been so many problems recently (ongoing) that I wonder how many others have this problem?  Poland though, that's a bit extreme....

Message 7 of 7