cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero signal in the village of Yateley, Hampshire

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I'm very new to this, so please forgive me if this has already been posted. 

I live in the village of Yateley in Hampshire, and for the last 6 weeks I have had no signal on my o2 phone.  I have been a customer of O2 for a number of years and never had an issue like this before. 

We have a very close community in Yateley, and it appears that I am not alone with this issue, in fact numerous, possibly hundreds of residents are having the same problems.  We have reported these issues to O2 countless times, but keep being fobbed off with excuses, such as  "it's your sim card" "It's your phone" "There are no issues with service in your area"  "O2 don't guarantee you service in your home" After many long telephone calls with O2 we have now found out there are mast issues, which have been down since late May 2015. 

As a pay monthly customer, I can't use my phone to send or receive text messages or phone calls at home or anywhere in the Yateley area, other residents are in the same situation, some worse, as their business contact is their O2 phone, meaning they can't receive any calls for their business.

Quite honestly, I'm getting sick and fed up of having to pay for a contract I can't use, and many others are feeling the same.  O2 aren't offering any compensation, as they are telling us there are no problems. 

So...  My questions are: Does anyone know whether there have been similar issues in other areas, and how were they resolved by O2, and secondly, who can we write to at O2, at the highest level to get a proper answer to our questions and to discuss compensation to customers?  We won't give up on this!

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I know you have had network problems for a long time but am posting this help link in case there is anything you may have overlooked

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

I know sometimes if people have had ongoing network issues they may be offered compensation....You need to register a complaint... http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep an eye on the status checker http://status.o2.co.uk/ and send an email to the CEO's office if you feel strongly enough about it, but I'd try complaints first.
Google for the CEO's email address as I'm not allowed to give it to you on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It seems the mast is down: 

Live results for Yateley, England, Hants

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

Sorry, there's a mast near you that isn't working and we're waiting for our third party supplier to visit the site to fix the problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Still down and if it's been down for 6 weeks then it's totally unacceptable. 

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The "third party supplier" needs sacking !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

carpets
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why can't O2 just stop fobbing us off with excuses and get there finger out and force the third party engineers to get this sorted

I am a Yateley resident myself and have also had no service for 3 weeks. I am being told different excuses each time I call O2 plus I have received texts to let me know the issue is ongoing. I know it is so stop telling me as this gets me more frustrated with O2

If O2 piggy back Vodafone then surely they have enough weight behind them to get the mast fixed. Using the TiVo app does not help if you are outside. Although I have been told I would be compensated I would prefer a service that works and is reliable. JUST GET IT SORTED O2! Talking of compensation, O2 even tried to get me to accept compensation last week with the view that I wouldn't call for updates at all - as you can gather I didn't accept untolvtge mast was fixed

Deal with it O2
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Looks like it's Voda engineers that are the 3rd party O2 are waiting for......

yateley.PNG

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

carpets
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What are they waiting, they have been waiting long enough and the customer is the loser in all of this - especially those with O2 business accounts who rely on this service working or the parent has a medical condition that may require the child to contact her. Not good if O2 aren't pushing this to be done. May have to get the Ombudsman involved if nothing is done soon. Don't care who fixes this as long as it's fixed and sooner rather than later
Message 10 of 17