Did you mean: 

Your feedback on forum Profile and Settings pages

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, I hope your week is going well. Smiley Happy

As you may know, we've started doing some work in the background to improve the forum and continue doing that in 2018. One of the areas we have recently asked for your feedback on is the forum Search, which is being worked on at the moment and you should see some changes there this week; thanks everyone for your comments.

The next areas we would like to improve are:

• Forum member profile page (you can get there by clicking on your username at the top of the forum page)
  • Forum member settings page (click on the "My Settings" at the top of the forum page)

As with the search page, we would like to ask what you think of the current profile and settings page, and if there's anything that you would suggest for improvements, since you guys use these pages the most? 

For example...

• Are the Settings easy/difficult to use?
  • Anything in there that you never use and feel should be removed?
  • What about the member profile page, any comments on the different things displayed there?
  • Any examples from elsewhere that you've come across and think are great in some way?

Really looking forward to your thoughts. Smiley Happy

Feedback Thanks!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It will always show you the last unread one posted. It's the same on mobile if using Full View

NB the Unread post option will show top right hand corner of every page you visit

Hi @Cleoriff, the Unread Posts should now also be visible if you use the mobile version instead of Full View. It was something that was added as part of the changes we started towards the end of last year. slight_smile

Message 11 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it does for me now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

It will always show you the last unread one posted. It's the same on mobile if using Full View

NB the Unread post option will show top right hand corner of every page you visit

Hi @Cleoriff, the Unread Posts should now also be visible if you use the mobile version instead of Full View. It was something that was added as part of the changes we started towards the end of last year. slight_smile

Good to hear @Marjo Though as I only use my mobile in Full View I could only comment on that aspect...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Of course @Cleoriff, I remember you mentioned earlier that you prefer the full view. Just making sure you're aware in case it's helpful in any way for how you use the forum on mobile. slight_smile

So regarding the profile and settings pages, we are starting to look into these in more detail soon. Any additional feedback or comments, please do keep it coming!

For the Settings, it sounds like based on your feedback so far that it's a bit difficult to navigate and understand all the different options and what they mean. This is very useful to know.

For you guys who have used the Settings options before, what would you say is the most-used tab/option for you there? slight_smile

Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marjowrote:

For you guys who have used the Settings options before, what would you say is the most-used tab/option for you there? slight_smile

I would hazard a guess it's the signature settings for most people?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

@Marjowrote:

I would hazard a guess it's the signature settings for most people?

Whereas I wont touch the signature setting purely because of the difficulty with colour codes.

My signature is old hat now and was put there for a reason years back. Mainly because it was a catchphrase for the new Sherlock programme.

I wont change it for the reason I have just given

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Signature and avatars are the only settings I have used more than once @Marjo.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriffwrote:

Whereas I wont touch the signature setting purely because of the difficulty with colour codes.

You'll be fine as long as you want a new sig in red too LOL

Currently using:
Message 18 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

@Cleoriffwrote:

You'll be fine as long as you want a new sig in red too LOL

Yes, there is that. Though I might want green... or purple...rainbow wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, the My Settings page has been cleaned up a bit, with some unnecessary text as well as a few unnecessary options having been removed. 

We wanted to move similar options under the same tab to make it a bit easier to use with less clicking around, e.g. profile-related ones (avatar, profile cards). Unfortunately it turns out it's not possible on Lithium to move bits of content around to different tabs. 😞

Here's the current changes:

• There was a repetitive "O2 Community" heading on each tab which has been removed for simplicity, as well as the repeating sub-headings.
  • Last name and Title boxes have been removed from the Personal Information tab
  • Personal web page box has been renamed to "Devices": here you can specify what mobile devices you currently have which is more relevant
  • IM screen names has been removed
  • Removed option to display email address on profile, as it should not be visible anyway
  • Removed some additional options that were not relevant for our community at the moment as we don't have e.g. Ideas board or other language packs to choose from - this might help avoid some confusion.
  • Button placement and font type/size adjusted for consistency across pages

The developer is looking into a couple of additional changes still if they are possible to implement, e.g. I remember you guys were wishing for the rich text editor for the signature box. We will let you know when we have more info. slight_smile

Message 20 of 25