Did you mean: 

Your feedback on Unread Posts and PMs page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week going? slight_smile

Thanks a lot earlier for providing your thoughts on how you use the forum search page as well as the profile and settings pages as part of the forum platform improvement work we're doing this year. We have made the initial changes to Search page elements, and the settings pages are currently being worked on.

The next areas we would like to improve are:

• The Unread Posts page (you can get there by clicking on the Unread Posts next to the Private Messages icon)
  • Private Messages page (click on the envelope icon next to the Unread Posts link)

As before, it would be very useful to hear your thoughts on what you think of these 2 pages and how you use them, both on mobile and desktop.

For example...

• Which tabs on those pages do you use the most?
  • Anything in there that you never use and feel should be removed?
  • What about the tables for the posts and messages, are there any columns you feel are either unnecessary, or need to be added in?
  • Any text on those pages that you feel is not clear?
  • Etc...

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments! smiling

Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You make a good point @Anonymous. It's why I tend to read the new threads instead of unread posts. But that is, of course, my choice and not a suggestion to be fed back.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 41 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1wrote:
You make a good point @Anonymous. It's why I tend to read the new threads instead of unread posts. But that is, of course, my choice and not a suggestion to be fed back.

My problem with that is.. I tend to miss out on older threads that have been posted on recently.. So I just flick through the unread and see what’s what. I do find this forum setup quite bizarre!

Message 42 of 54

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I agree with you @Anonymous about the set up though it has improved somewhat recently.

I check in several times a day so don't miss any of the posts. I read a thread so I get all the posts rrlated to the thread rather than reading each individual unread post related to that thread. I return to the threads I've read so I don't miss any new posts. Perhaps a convoluted way but it works for me.

Everyone has their own way. It's what works for you that matters.

Message 43 of 54

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
By the way @Anonymous to avoid missing older threads just click on view all then you can scroll down the threads to read those you may have missed. Again, it works for me and is just a suggestion.

Message 44 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

That's exactly how I do it, Though unless I am away for a day or so I rarely need to 'View All' so I just click on Unread posts. The one at the top always takes you to the first unread one in the thread anyway...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not on mine.. it’s always the latest unread post on a thread.. is there some way to change it?

2407F250-C284-45FE-92AC-F2230BCB5030.png

Oh and @Glory1 .. clicking on view all is great but it does just that and show me all.. not the unread ones.. so it’s not time saving (for me) 

Message 46 of 54

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I think that the main "what is the community" page (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/What-s-the-O2-community-and-how-to-get-started/td-p/63473...) needs more prominence. This would give people some information about what this place is all about. On this the parts about answers from other customers and not posting personal information need to be in a bolder font though (and expanded to include emails/order numbers/etc).
RE: the FAQ/Index debate. While the issue of links updating/this being changed is valid (and true of the guides as well) it makes sense to have things in one place that is well on the way to being a FAQ anyway.
The other bonus to doing it that way is that then the corporate mis-speak and nonsense can be translated into actual understandable english.
Just my 2p...
In terms of unread/PM though I don't think there is anything else that stands out.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 47 of 54

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not on mine.. it’s always the latest unread post on a thread.. is there some way to change it?

Oh and @Glory1 .. clicking on view all is great but it does just that and show me all.. not the unread ones.. so it’s not time saving (for me) 

I am now of the understanding (thanks to having it repeatedly bashed into my head) that clicking any of the "last unread posts" takes you to the first unread one.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 48 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The issue of PM's was resolved and improved a couple of years ago. We asked for the information in the PM to be made visible in the emails we were sent. This way we didn't need to log on to the forum unless we wanted to reply to the PM.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I am now of the understanding (thanks to having it repeatedly bashed into my head) that clicking any of the "last unread posts" takes you to the first unread one.

I hope the head bashing didn't hurt @gmarkj. LOL (if so, I apologise. as I think I am the one guilty of it) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 54