Did you mean: 

Your feedback on Unread Posts and PMs page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week going? slight_smile

Thanks a lot earlier for providing your thoughts on how you use the forum search page as well as the profile and settings pages as part of the forum platform improvement work we're doing this year. We have made the initial changes to Search page elements, and the settings pages are currently being worked on.

The next areas we would like to improve are:

• The Unread Posts page (you can get there by clicking on the Unread Posts next to the Private Messages icon)
  • Private Messages page (click on the envelope icon next to the Unread Posts link)

As before, it would be very useful to hear your thoughts on what you think of these 2 pages and how you use them, both on mobile and desktop.

For example...

• Which tabs on those pages do you use the most?
  • Anything in there that you never use and feel should be removed?
  • What about the tables for the posts and messages, are there any columns you feel are either unnecessary, or need to be added in?
  • Any text on those pages that you feel is not clear?
  • Etc...

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments! smiling

Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's all good for me.
No changes required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

All you have to do is look at how many times the same question is asked ("How do I get my PAC?", "How do I cancel my contract?" to name just two) to see that the search function just doesn't work.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 54

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
From my point of view, it would be nice to be able to choose which order the unread posts appear.
Currently the most recent one is at the top, while the oldest is at the bottom (often several pages later).
It would be nice to be able to choose to reverse this.
PMs is fine.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 54

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

All you have to do is look at how many times the same question is asked ("How do I get my PAC?", "How do I cancel my contract?" to name just two) to see that the search function just doesn't work.

That's because no one uses the serach function and there is no suggestion offered when a new thread is started.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Marjo The tab I use most is UNREAD POSTS

I know we all do things differently, so for me I open emails first, access the forum via that route, sign in and then go straight to unread posts. 

There is no problem with it at all. It's my 'window' to the forum activity and needs no change whatsoever. The old saying 'if it ain't broke...it doesn't need fixing' springs to mind Smiley Very Happy

PM section is also fine. Must admit,  sometimes I see the '1 New PM' and think Oh god what I have done wrong now...LOL (That's down to my guilty conscience I expect) tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gmarkjwrote:
From my point of view, it would be nice to be able to choose which order the unread posts appear.
Currently the most recent one is at the top, while the oldest is at the bottom (often several pages later).
It would be nice to be able to choose to reverse this.
PMs is fine.

Yes but if you click on the most recent one @gmarkj it takes you to the first unread one in that section?

For me that works well..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
No change needed in my opinion
Message 8 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@MI5wrote:

@Bambinowrote:

That's because no one uses the serach function and there is no suggestion offered when a new thread is started.

Well then the search box is in the wrong place and needs to be more prominent. An even better solution would be a FAQ page. Why doesn't this site have one? There should be a big bold link to it in red that should be the first thing a new visitor should see and it should say "Have a question? Click HERE to see if it's been asked before." Job done.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

An even better solution would be a FAQ page. Why doesn't this site have one? There should be a big bold link to it in red that should be the first thing a new visitor should see and it should say "Have a question? Click HERE to see if it's been asked before" Job done

What a damn good idea @Bambino wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 54