Did you mean: 

Your feedback on Unread Posts and PMs page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, how's your week going? slight_smile

Thanks a lot earlier for providing your thoughts on how you use the forum search page as well as the profile and settings pages as part of the forum platform improvement work we're doing this year. We have made the initial changes to Search page elements, and the settings pages are currently being worked on.

The next areas we would like to improve are:

• The Unread Posts page (you can get there by clicking on the Unread Posts next to the Private Messages icon)
  • Private Messages page (click on the envelope icon next to the Unread Posts link)

As before, it would be very useful to hear your thoughts on what you think of these 2 pages and how you use them, both on mobile and desktop.

For example...

• Which tabs on those pages do you use the most?
  • Anything in there that you never use and feel should be removed?
  • What about the tables for the posts and messages, are there any columns you feel are either unnecessary, or need to be added in?
  • Any text on those pages that you feel is not clear?
  • Etc...

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments! smiling

Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
No more so than usual @Cleoriff. Don't think it was just your good self though.
And normally it is the better half "reminding" me of something. Not nagging though. Never that...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 51 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No No never nagging joy

Image result for Images of not nagging just saying

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 54

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

Not on mine.. it’s always the latest unread post on a thread.. is there some way to change it?

2407F250-C284-45FE-92AC-F2230BCB5030.png

Oh and @Glory1 .. clicking on view all is great but it does just that and show me all.. not the unread ones.. so it’s not time saving (for me) 

Point taken @Anonymous. But as I said I check the threads regularly several times a day and I know which ones I've read and the ones I haven't. But, again, it works for me. I'm not suggesting you or anyone else follow my way of reading all posts on a thread. I admit it appears convoluted but I don't miss a post which is what it's all about. I may not post on every thread but I do read them all. If nothing else, I often learn something new.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 53 of 54

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, hope you had a nice weekend!

I didn't get a chance to reply earlier so just went through all your comments now, so many! grin Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Just recapping the feedback to make sure we're on the same page, plus we had a few thoughts on our end too.

Unread posts and PMs pages:

• Looks like you're generally fine with how these pages are now! slight_smile
  • We looked at these pages too on our end and noticed that if you have a long list of unread posts, there is no pagination displayed, so that would be our suggestion to add to keep it similar to the "All topics" list.
  • Noticed some unnecessary headings again that repeat themselves across the pages so we'll look at removing those.

Cheers for the community search function feedback too, interesting discussion! I'm going to drop a note to recap that too in the search feedback thread so we keep those comments easily accessible in a relevant place - if you have more comments/ideas on that could you continue the discussion in that topic please? It will be easier when we need to look back to the comments. Thanks slight_smile

Message 54 of 54