cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received a text message to say I have subscribed to Voucher Codes for £4.50 a week.  I have no idea why I have received this and am worried that they are going to take money from my 02 account.  I have text STOP but it just said you will receive no further messages.  Can they take money from my account ?  Did try to call customer service but there is a 30 minute wait !!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes they can take money but if it's a reputable company they should stop now you have requested it.
You need to seek help from the regulators which are Phonepayplus if it continues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Are you sure you haven't clicked on a link to subscribe to this??....Not specifically through O2 but from another site? I checked and found these sites

http://www.voucherbox.co.uk/vouchers/o2?ref=tohs1

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/shop.o2.co.uk

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes they can take money but if it's a reputable company they should stop now you have requested it.
You need to seek help from the regulators which are Phonepayplus if it continues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Here's a link for Phonepayplus should you need it.

https://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw a link on FB to win some argos vouchers and went in for a competition to win but at no point did it say I was suscribing to anything - what a SCAM!!  I have said STOP to the messages so I hope that this has not gone through.  It's digusting how they get people to do this ?!

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah. Scum but there is no such thing as a free lunch so be aware in future.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And just confirms never to click on a FB link...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7