cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worming out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll post here as well as discussions and feedback, as one of my, many, gripes about o2.

I was passed on to a second "guru" who was only interested in telling me my year warranty was 6 months, and expired. I've had the 'phone 5 months... Annoying to be rushed into answering. Repeatedly.

Some more;

Two visits to the shop just to get it sent off.

Banged from pillar to post, no one really able, (interested?) on giving me a proper reply to my query. In warranty, out, in, out, (shake it all about?), damaged, covered, etc. They woudn't even return my 'phone unless I contacted the shop. Who told me to contact repairs....

"Promised" a call back that day, 8 hours later none came.

Told the screen was smashed, chipped. Eventually they agreed it was just lightly scratched. As the receipt from the shop said!

Apparently, my warranty is void as the screen has light scratches, and the case is scratched, and has a "gouge", so the defective battery won't be replaced until I give them over £230..... Better than the £400 odd I was told once! Great get out, your 'phone has a mark, so we won't repair defective parts...I wish I had that line whilst trying to keep Trident subs going!!! Unfortunately, (must be my age), I would never dream of insulting a client with that drivel.

On of the lads at work, (and I am letting everyone know about my woes), had his daughters refused because it had the "wrong" aftermarket case on. Say's it all!

Sadly, I still have over 18 months on my "contract", so will have to keep paying, unless the complaints/ ombudsman route fails. Will change the battery myself, even though it invalidates the "warranty"! If the 'phone actually gets sent. After a decade with o2, no trust left in their "sevice"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I said on your other post, it's not uncommon to hear excuses from them, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I haven't managed to find 'the other post' get...so will say here...it all sounds like the typical nightmare scenario from them...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Leeds6
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the U.K. We have a law states 6 years if a electrical devise is working and it's not your fault. Tell them it's consumer law and you will be going to trading standards. Even if it's out of the one year warenty. They will try to fob you off but just say the above .

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Leeds6 wrote:

In the U.K. We have a law states 6 years if a electrical devise is working and it's not your fault. Tell them it's consumer law and you will be going to trading standards. Even if it's out of the one year warenty. They will try to fob you off but just say the above .

You keep on posting this but it's not that straightforward, as I've pointed out already.

Read up on your consumer rights from a reputable source please.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Leeds6
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Go on citizen advice site look up consumer rights on their web site . Apple also states this when buy any of their products . The Sales f goods act. You will also find this on which web site. The Sale of goods act gives consumers   Some rights to refunds or free repairs for up to six years after purchase of an item. The sale of goods act is now known  as the consumer rights act  this came in 1st October 2015! The sales of good act 1979. You can also get information on Gov.uk  consumer rights.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes thanks, I am aware.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7