cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful surprise - not!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checked out my o2 surprise after topping up yesterday.. wow... 20 anytime mins to o2 numbers... I will just add that to the 500 unused o2 numbers minutes I have remaining till it resets tomorrow.

My scepticism about this promo has been well rewarded.. its nice to be right.... it was a waste of time... I didnt bother collecting it... I dont gain any benefit.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's ok... I know three iPhone users now who's "surprise" was 30-something free MMS messages ;).... hmmm....
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im certainly starting to question how serious o2 are about my 8 year loyalty. It might now be time to shift networks. Voda will allow me to block premium rate shortcodes for instance, thats far more desirable to me than bogus gifts. My cynical mind suspects that the prizes are somehow linked to your existing bolt ons via the need to log in before choosing.

After all o2 have flatly refused to benefit its customers by putting in a blocking arrangement that exists on other networks, so my view of thier "customer focus" has already deteriorated.

Just My Opinion... YMMV
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
How people can moan about free stuff makes me laugh, hello, its free, shouldnt be complaining.

Just because its not got a use for you doesnt mean its not a good thing.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 surprises gives you a FREE surprise based on how much you top up. Someone who tops up £10 a month isn't going to get the same as someone who tops up £40 a week.

At the end of the day, its free. O2 have some of the best packages around for PAYG already, they certainly don't have to give customers free stuff on top of that.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I indicated Id rather they sorted out something useful like blocking the scammers who rip people off with premium rate texts (which - despite some of the assurances from o2's Customer services in the past - other networks have proved can be done....) than run these phony balony promotions. What stuck in my craw is that this isnt the first time ive seen these things give out only stuff that pretty much mirrors what the company know in advance that the customer has in abundance.

Im not saying I expect the moon on a stick, just something I can actually benefit from - even 10 any network txts would have been better than 200 o2 minutes where I already had more than twice that available that I was unlikely to use(and the system could easily work that out when I log in with a phone number) and so am unlikely to be able to benefit from my "prize". This stuff is supposed to breed loyalty not resentment.

Strangely Im not the only one who has had this happen it seems. Is there a developing theme of unusable prizes? Id rather o2 didnt bother, in fact I may block their promo messages now, so rather than encouraging me to participate in their offers, Im more likely NOT to. Own Goal o2!

Just My Opinion... YMMV
Message 6 of 6