Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Anonymous

Windows worst phone ever

When I first ordered a windows phone O2 was full of praise, there was going to be so many new apps and conversions from android and Apple apps, the opposite has happened no support from EBay and messenger etc. In fact people laugh at me when I tell them what phone I have even had it stolen and the thief has returned it!

O2 should offer to upgrade users free of charge and users should form a protest group to get an injunction against Microsoft, if there are any users left!

Topics: 530

Re: Windows worst phone ever

I admire your optimism Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547

Sorry but there is no chance of that happening whatsoever but a nice thought.....

Level 21: Regular

I had to laugh when reading this post. 

Its got nowt to do with o2, and they have no control over OS Ecosystems.. 

Microsoft offered to pay developers to migrate apps over to Windows Phone, and that didnt work..  Most apps did come over to Windows Phone, including WhatsApp, Amazon. 

Windows Phone, is still an awesome OS sadly it was too late to market with Android and IOS taking a lead.. and WIndows Phone is still an enterprise leader with more enterprises deploying them than they where IOS and Android. 

My advice, move on and smile... 

--

Samsung Note 10+ 5G|,, OnePlus 7 Pro (work phone), , Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
Topics: 250
Kudos: 421

I luv my Windows phone :womanvery-happy:

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Level 6: Acolyte

have to agree with WispaRed7 i love my 650 was thinking about moving to android,but until micosoft says windows mobile 10 is dead i will stick with the os
Topics: 250
Kudos: 421

@captainprice wrote:
have to agree with WispaRed7 i love my 650 was thinking about moving to android,but until micosoft says windows mobile 10 is dead i will stick with the os

thank you @captainprice I have 650, & as per your post, you've given me confidence to stick with it until as you say above  ^  ^  ^  Smiley Happy

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Anonymous

Thanks for your lnput to my topic and very useful information.

i would challenge your view that it is nothing to do with O2, in my opinion it has everything to do with them they are the ones screwing every last hard earned pennies from my grasp, I had better communication when I was a lad connecting to CoCoa tins together with a length of string.

Anonymous

I suppose you have a life sized poster of Bill Gates above your bed!

Level 1: Joiner

Hardly O2's fault.... Microsoft would have approached them to sell the phone, they're decent bits of hardware but sadly there were already two successful Smartphone ecosystems out there and Microsoft took a gamble and failed.

I can't see how, without a crystal ball, O2 could have known that Microsoft wouldn't succeed in attracting developers over.

Remember apps aren't disappearing, there's just no new ones so you can still use your phone for the things you bought it for.