Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will o2 ever do a music a service?

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi douse anyone know will o2 ever do a music service again like they use to?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Luke30 

No idea, we are all customers here like yourself, but I doubt it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luke30 If it didn’t work before then they definitely won’t do it again

Message 3 of 12

Luke30
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh OK. But o2 could do something like ee douse like a sport pass or music pass or something like orange did that is a part of there website to do with music that there custermers sign in to and make there play lists and they call a number that they call to listen to listen there play lists or with the music pass they work alone he with spotefi.
LGreenwood
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can pay for Spotify through your O2 account,
With so many music services out there, I don't see the point of another one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Luke30
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know but I am on pay as you go so I don't always have credit to pay it by account and not only that I won't know when I need to top up for it to tack but if o2 do a music pass with spotyfi I would know when to top up. And the other thing to do music on the website and to call a number to listen to it I would be able to do it as I have a lot of mins on my price plan to call it to listen to the music.
LGreenwood
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many music streaming services out there already. Spotify as mentioned above, Apple Music, iTunes, google music, YouTube etc, no need for another which would likely be removed 3-6 months after launch 

Message 7 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Luke30 , just caught up with your topic here. slight_smile Cheers for your ideas related to music. I'm wondering if the earlier initiative you mentioned was the music streaming allowance we had a couple of years ago for certain tariffs, whereby you could get a certain amount of data for music streaming, which would be added on top of your normal data. Is that what you'd wish to have back? Happy to pass on your feedback. slight_smile

The music by calling a number idea is interesting and something I've never thought about myself. Just discussed that with the team here and we actually found a website (note: not related to O2) where you can do exactly that, it's called DialARadio. We tried to call a few station just now out of curiosity. grin Capital FM and another UK one worked, but we were unable to hear anything when we tried a couple of foreign stations unfortunately. They have an FAQ page with info around the price of call per minute and it seems to be charged local rate. Sound quality was is similar to customer service holding music.

You guys mentioned you wouldn't necessarily be interested in another music streaming service @MI5 , @Anonymous . Which existing ones do you normally use and is there any innovation you can think of that you would find interesting in the future for these services? slight_smile

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to use iTunes & Apple Music @Marjo 

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Spotify does all I need for now.
I did use the O2 Music app (whatever it was called now escapes me) but it didn't have anything like the choice or functionality of Spotify so not surprised when it was canned.
I also have all my albums uploaded to GMusic so I can access any of them, anywhere.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12