Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calls

Mikey143014
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just found out I can't use wifi calls when abroad even though I was told by a 02 chat person I could. This as replaced tu go. How can it replace if you can only use in the uk. What a waste of time.  Bring back  Tu GO.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It was never marketed as a Tu replacement and you are correct that it can't be used abroad.
We would all love for Tu to be brought back, but sadly, will never happen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree about TuGo....the worst thing O2 ever did (for their customers) was to stop it. That along with World Chat are the two most missed apps I think...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 royally messed up on that
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Another unforgiveable monumental error by live chat especially if this advice formed part of an upgrade deal or new handset. Have you kept a copy of the chat transcript?

I would be making a complaint. These people represent O2 and are the face of customer service for many people who think they are fully trained advisers who can't something as important as this right.

It's important hat you make a complaint here : Resolver

make a complaint.

Message 5 of 9

g7rpo
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if Im wrong but does this mean that O2 look at the originating IP of the connection being used to make the call?

Seems to be a lot of hassle, other questions spring to mind, like would using vpn to appear to be in th UK, I have nord and have a l2tp connection available to one of my home connections stop it from being a call originating from outside the UK?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It has been suggested that a vpn might work but as I can't use Ask due to more than one phone on my account, I can't try it myself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

g7rpo
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im not abroad so unable to test either, wouldnt inclusive roaming cover a decent amount of international calls?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Within the EU for everyone, yes, or for those on tariffs giving the travel extra benefits.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9