Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi abroad..a query

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

You know I am a technophobe.... that goes without saying but I have had some major problems with the WiFi in my apartment since I arrived in Spain. Not with my mobile... but both laptops. Never had an issue before.

The Wifi company is a small one run by a well respected bloke in this area of Spain.....

So my question is this...

Is it possible for the company to 'power down' the connection if they see there has been no usage for a period of time.....

I will wait for any answer to this part of the question before I ask the next one....and tell you the status to date...

(I admit to technophobia but pride myself on being logical you see) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Give him advanced notice that you're moving in.

In my diary.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not wishing to 'tempt fate' @Cleoriff glad your WiFi is sorted slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not wishing to 'tempt fate' @Cleoriff glad your WiFi is sorted slight_smile

You haven't tempted fate Jane...but after all my joy earlier it keeps disconnecting on the laptop again...Ah well on again...got to keep trying I suppose...Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I think you need to go and have strong words with Vasco or change provider. It's always mañana with the Spanish so maybe your wifi has a siesta too....

Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No to be fair @jonsie he really does have a good reputation. None of this manana for him. If he is in the office you get an immediate fix (where possible) If I struggle (only once) he came to the apartment in 15 mins and made some adjustments to the Wifi box on the outside of the apartment

The bigger companies couldn't care less if honest. I am also sure some of it was down to the laptop having a hissy fit at the new WiFi address...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15