cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do so many customers think the Community is O2 Customer Services ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I'm presuming it can't be made clear enough on the initial pages when they register.

Perhaps some ideas are needed to explain a little better the purpose of the Community together with a simple message on the registration page not to post personal details ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I understand what you are saying @Cleoriff and I appreciate that the many knowledgeable people on the forum can assist customers far better than CS with their mobile/tablet queries. It's how I got involved in the first place and several members, including yourself, have been extremely helpful to me since joining.

I was, however, mainly thinking about the customer question only CS can answer. Which is why I agree with everyone who suggested that it should be made very clear that this is a customer to customer forum and any queries about their account should be raised with, and can only be answered by, CS. As well as not posting personal information such as their bank details.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I agree totally.

About a year ago we used to say 'we can help with many things EXCEPT account based queries'. Now I notice many account based queries are being answered. So to some extent we are exacerbating the issue ourselves.

Again...my opinion. .

O2 have a very good set up on the community simply by using the skills and expertise of its members.

It's not right but I honestly cant see them agreeing to change it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
I honestly cant see them agreeing to change it.

Except......to listen to us and act on our advice....we do know more about the Community than O2 who are not officially represented here, all they do is provide the format.

And when I say "O2" I do not mean the Community management, I mean O2 the network provider management.

Message 33 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Except......to listen to us and act on our advice....we do know more about the Community than O2 who are not officially represented here, all they do is provide the format.

And when I say "O2" I do not mean the Community management, I mean O2 the network provider management.

True. However we rely on our feedback being given to O2 'the network provider' . It's not.

Stock answer we get it 'We will ask the team'...

We may want to think about a Q & A live session. We were promised one 2 years ago. To my knowledge it was cancelled and never reconvened. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 44

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

True. However we rely on our feedback being given to O2 'the network provider' . It's not.

Stock answer we get it 'We will ask the team'...

We may want to think about a Q & A live session. We were promised one 2 years ago. To my knowledge it was cancelled and never reconvened. 

Again, may I ask a 'dumb' question. Why isn't our feedback being passed to o2? A Q&A live session is a great idea @Cleoriff. I'm definitely up for that.

Message 35 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I believe the feedback does reach O2 but the question is do O2 give it any credence......I mean we are not that important to their business are we ?
That is proved by the customer numbers published each quarter.
Message 36 of 44

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

O2 have their own agenda and the present system and setup obviously works for them.

I have to ask whether feeding back or making suggestions is worth the time and effort. Rarely is any request actioned, rarely any improvement suggested put in place. 

The present last read post fiasco has still not been addressed after weeks and weeks. O2 are quite happy for the community to appear very busy and for us to direct them to customer service.

Message 37 of 44

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Actually @jonsie I think you are right. I think o2 are of the opinion "if it ain't broke........" Still I believe 'if you don't ask you don't get' so you lose nothing putting forward improvement ideas.

I also agree that as @Beenherebefore said we are not that important to o2's business as customer numbers are what ticks the profit box. And that's what it's all about. Are the customers happy. Who cares as long as they pay their bills. Sad really.

Message 38 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's getting worse now too.
I'd guess that at least 80% of post are aimed at customer service. Lost count of the number of times we've had to say it isn't.

And still they keep coming.......it's like watching Zulu, there's no stopping them.

Message 39 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
I believe the feedback does reach O2 but the question is do O2 give it any credence......I mean we are not that important to their business are we ?
That is proved by the customer numbers published each quarter.

Which, in a roundabout way is what I am inferring. How many times have we been asked to suggest improvements? Long threads of suggestions follow....rarely, IF EVER, is anything implemented.

However....it does generate a lot of forum activity. Rolleys

A cynical outlook maybe...but facts are facts.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 44