cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do so many customers think the Community is O2 Customer Services ?

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I'm presuming it can't be made clear enough on the initial pages when they register.

Perhaps some ideas are needed to explain a little better the purpose of the Community together with a simple message on the registration page not to post personal details ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's getting worse now too.
I'd guess that at least 80% of post are aimed at customer service. Lost count of the number of times we've had to say it isn't.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Just think how many disgruntled customers there are because, thinking they have contacted O2, they have not had a response to their query. They've not returned to the Community so they are left in the dark.

I cannot understand how or why any company would allow such poor treatment of customers to continue for so long.

If we hadn't raised this as a problem, would anybody associated with O2 have recognised what was happening?

Message 22 of 44

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

If we hadn't raised this as a problem, would anybody associated with O2 have recognised what was happening?

No one has up to now.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

No one has up to now.......

So does that mean the Community and its content is not properly managed/monitored/supervised by O2 ?

Message 24 of 44

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess they think it's OK to just leave us to it?

Currently using:
Message 25 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess they think it's OK to just leave us to it?

So why don't O2 act on our recommendations ?

It seems to me that apathy is paramount in O2.......starting at the top.

Community management don't stand a chance.

Message 26 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To add my five pennorth here.

* We know that some customers have also been advised by customer services to 'ask on the forum' when they are unable to give an answer to a question. This isnt common but it does happen.

* I agree to some extent about the problem increasing when the email service was discontinued...but if folk did not get a response by email they would still come here eventually. (No good having an email service if it isn't fit for purpose) A dedicated team would be required to deal with emails. CS can't cope as it is.

*Then there is the whole culture of 'forum board readings'. Many of us have noticed that O2 forum can no longer be accessed via Boardreader. Why is that? Is that a coincidence? Is the performance so poor O2 have removed it?  This question was asked last year.and we never got an answer.

*Maybe O2/Telefonica et al WANT people to post here. It can only add to the overall post count.

I realise none of the above answers the question asked but it is food for thought nonetheless.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

To pick up what @Cleoriff has said regarding email, I have 2 x Orange Spain PAYG SIMs and recently I couldn't access the 2nd SIM using the My Orange website log in.

In the past, I could log on and top up, check balances etc for both SIMs using just the one log on.

My Spanish isn't so good that I could use the telephone contact to ask for an explanation.

So I used the website's email facility while logged in, to ask why and if anything had changed.

I received an email back within 12 hours informing me the system had changed and a detailed explanation of how I had to create a new My Orange record for the 2nd SIM using different log in data.

Result ?........one satisfied customer.

Message 28 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Maybe I'm being particularly thick but if, as @Cleoriff suggests, o2/Telefonica want customers to post here to increase the overall post count - why? What is the point of people posting queries here that only CS can answer? It wastes the customer's time and forces them back to CS anyway. And, of course only makes the customer more irritated with o2. Not to mention wasting our time having to explain we are not able to help them as we are only customers.......etc etc.

Am I missing something?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 29 of 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1No one from O2 admitted to the 'theory' about increasing post count on the community...but they didnt deny it. A few of us feel the same....but it is just that...an opinion. 

Remember also it's a cheap option. So many knowledgeable people here who can and often do, answer questions more efficiently than O2 staff....then its a money saving exercise for O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 44