cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did you stick around on the community? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's really good to see all of you posting on our forum and especially lovely to see you staying and participating in other discussions too after posting your initial question or comment. 

I'd love to hear more about this and your views on what makes the forum interesting for you, so I have a few questions if you don't mind! Smiley Happy

Do you know/remember what it was that made you stay on this forum originally and become a regular on our community?

What makes you come back? Is it the topics, help and support, friends... or something else?

What types of discussions do you enjoy reading and participating in the most?

Looking forward to your comments! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it’s helping others with my knowledge & learning more all the time

Message 2 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely for me it was helping others and I thought it a good idea to try and put my knowledge of O2's systems through my employment with them to good use. Obviously Some of the systems have changed but others stay fixed in the 20th Century!

Now not so much the idea of helping others but rather the fact that arthritis and other health issues are detrimental to answering quickly enough to actually help.

I can say that I am staying around due more to having made some really good friends over the years who are like-minded and literally kept me alive with support through a traumatic period of my life. I won't go into that as it's well documented elsewhere with a personal thread started by one of the said good friends.

I do like the fact that there are more good people who have joined over the last couple of years or so and it's great to see that they have stuck around. Who knows how many more will become members of longevity and that's another incentive to stick around.

What do they say....? It's in the blood and I've been here for nearly 10 years now......

Message 3 of 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Seriously.. I think it was @Cleoriff sending a pm about also being a cov lass.
Bit of chat and banter later and that is that.
Message 4 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

When I joined the community, people were just happy to contribute and help others, and there were no financial rewards involved. When that was introduced, the community changed dramatically, and much for the worse, in my opinion. I stick around a lot less these days. It sometimes feels like a competition as to who can post first. A little too OCD for me, and a little too much greed. Sad to see what it's become.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 32

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As @Bambino says 

hence patchy posting after many years

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I came here as I needed help.

I entered the world of smartphone technology very late and if honest I thought my technophobia would cause me to be a bit of a laughing stock.

I was very wrong with that perception. I got all the help I needed and more. I will never forget the advice I was once given by @Bambino. "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask" (Mind you I thought he was a woman till he put me right LOL)

I made some very good friends and found I was 'welcomed into the fold'

Now I'm not quite so technophobic and if I get the chance will try and help most people who post.

If I don't know the answer I will do a google search...(or leave it to the experts.)

I learn something new every day.

I'm pleased to see new members and hope I have made more friends along the way.

What do I like? Off topic without a doubt. Threads where you can have a banter and a damn good time.

What am I guilty of?

^^^^^^^ the above. Cleo never says one word when a thousand will do...LOL.

Sincere thanks to everyone who reads this and to those friends, new and old, who have supported me over the last difficult year. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 32

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Like @Cleoriff I came here because I needed help. I've stayed because I was made to feel very welcome primarily by @Cleoriff and @jonsie but I found I could have a laugh with most of the regulars.

I've also learned quite a lot in my time here and I appreciate that. Learning about new tech, new phones and better ways to use the tech I have is why I joined the community.

As my knowledge has grown so I've been able to help others which I enjoy and is as it should be. We all need help at one time or another and we all never stop learning; as we learn so we pass our knowledge on to others. It's what this community should be all about. And having a laugh and a bit of banter along the way.

However, I agree with @Bambino and @adamtemp64 as even in the short time I've been a member, I've seen changes which seriously concern me as to the effect they are having on the community as a whole and on individual members in particular. I appreciate things change but not all change is for the better.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 32

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Friendly. useful. disability-interested, 

Communiteers give good answers

Reviews and chances to give reviews

Rewards, comps and so on

Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

to gain tech knowledge

along the way I have made some very good friends who have been very supportive when I've been needy ... & ... have shared many a laugh

@Bambino has taught me a great lesson ... = ... Google is your Friend ... though it took a bit of time didn't it Bambino to sink in LOL

Message 10 of 32