cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did you stick around on the community? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's really good to see all of you posting on our forum and especially lovely to see you staying and participating in other discussions too after posting your initial question or comment. 

I'd love to hear more about this and your views on what makes the forum interesting for you, so I have a few questions if you don't mind! Smiley Happy

Do you know/remember what it was that made you stay on this forum originally and become a regular on our community?

What makes you come back? Is it the topics, help and support, friends... or something else?

What types of discussions do you enjoy reading and participating in the most?

Looking forward to your comments! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I ended up being with o2 and found the community and started helping and also asking questions feel.like family were I belong
Message 11 of 32

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

For me it’s helping others with my knowledge & learning more all the time

You seem to enjoy the help aspect of the community a lot then @Anonymous slight_smile What about other types of discussions, what would interest you?

@jonsie How long did you work for O2? slight_smile 

@Bambino@adamtemp64 Good to see you around guys! Thanks for your feedback and letting us know your concerns. We hope to introduce some changes in the future to improve things for the community.

@Cleoriff It's amazing to see when a member joins, as you said, as a "technophobe", and we can see a transformation there as they become part of the community and learn. slight_smile I didn't get to see this with you as you were here long before I joined though! grin 

Hey @Jenny105 nice to see you again, welcome back! slight_smile

Message 12 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I came here looking for help/support (which I found) and then just kept coming back.
Hopefully I have provided help/support/entertainment to some during my time here.
I know there have been a few foot in mouth moments so there should have been a few laughs!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

For me you have provided all of the above @gmarkj wink

Not forgetting your brilliant guide on how to download your bill. One I use frequently...Thanks for that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
No problems @Cleoriff.
I quite like writing the how-to/guides - takes me back to my training days, and even now for work writing them gives me a sense of satisfaction.
Must admit to laughing at quite a few of the interactions of the "regulars" both on and off topic, so good to hear it is not all one way.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 32

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You have provided all 3 for me as well @gmarkj and I've learned a lot from your How To Guides. Many thanks for that and for making me laugh, much appreciated and glad you're a member.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 32

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie How long did you work for O2? slight_smile 

Just short of two years on the phones

animated-mickey-mouse-and-minnie-mouse-image-0386.gif

Message 17 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff It's amazing to see when a member joins, as you said, as a "technophobe", and we can see a transformation there as they become part of the community and learn. slight_smile I didn't get to see this with you as you were here long before I joined though

Ermmm yes but @Marjo you will never see me answering questions about rooting and romming and flashing.joy Having said that, no-one is allowed to talk about such things which is good for me, as I can never appear to be a dumbo...Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo I mostly enjoy helping with tech such as iPhone or iOS & pay monthly. Being a Refresh customer has given me a lot of insight to that particular point 

Message 19 of 32

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
PS Ive belonged to photo sites, granny site, birding sites but this one is the friendliest . One feels valued. And theres so much too learn from interested people.
Message 20 of 32