cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why O2 are useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. After 7/8 years of service no customer loyalty. NO BENEFITS

2. Offer worst contracts than competitors.

3. O2 community comments are "permanent" because "thats how it is"

4. Will not change my email address because I am no longer in a contract with them, but will keep my data....

5. LEAVE WHILE YOU CAN

6. Live chat is absolutely useless.

7. Wait for customer service line is over 60mins on AVERAGE.

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well he is clearly upset so whilst posting negative comments won't affect anything, maybe he feels better. 

Though adding more to the account he wishes to delete....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You have expressed your dissatisfaction by voting with your feet, which is what you should do. The prime concern anyone should have, as far as choosing a provider goes, is signal strength and coverage. If you get those with a different network, and can get a comparable deal, then that's the way to go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

At best nothing changes.

Needs to just accept it and move on with life

Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff 

If I can't get my information and profile deleted, I can do the next best thing and ensure that I persuade others to leave O2 when their contracts end and hope that others who wish to join see my posts and not join at all.

Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rather petty and childish really.
Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Would you wish my experience with others? Or would you try and do something about it?

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous you had your issues and have dealt with it by moving network. I hope to god you don't have issues there in the future.

What you are trying to achieve now isn't going to happen. You have created a history in the Community which remains available online and searchable via Google etc for the benefit of others both now and in the future. That is what you signed up to when you joined the Community.

So it is time to walk on. You complained in the past about not getting the hours back or the monetary value for the same due to the time you spent on o2 and yet here you are doing exactly what you complained of before.

It is time to move on with your life. O2's Community t&c's allow o2 to store and use the posts you have created in line with their privacy policy. If you don't agree with that, discuss with your solicitor (who will tell you o2 have no case to answer but if you feel the need to hear it elsewhere then fine).

You have done the one thing in your power. Left with your feet. Man up and leave it there.
Message 17 of 31

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Points 3 & 4 are relatively standard whatever company you use. Where would we be if the second you left a company and 3 months later you have to query a bill but there is no account to look at? You might want to look at the actual law where they are allowed to retain data for 6 years (last I checked) then its deleted/archived. 

In regards to permanent comments on this board, I feel its quite fair that it remains in place as if they were to delete the OP or subsequent posts (bar the obvious rule breaking comments), you might as well delete the entire thread as it will be out of context. I can assure you that it has happened to me on here and a great deal of info lost forever. Then again, within threads, including this one there is good info that will be of use to others that come across a similar issue. Otherwise as piperdog123 says, just move to a better deal. 

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff 

If I can't get my information and profile deleted, I can do the next best thing and ensure that I persuade others to leave O2 when their contracts end and hope that others who wish to join see my posts and not join at all.

So now you are arguing for KEEPING your posts available otherwise how will unsuspecting potential O2 customers be aware of the dreadful mistake you claim they will be making? 

Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
@sheepdog is correct in one respect, that companies can keep information for up to 6 years then it should be archived securely.

However personal information comes under the Data Protection Act and as such companies should only hold on to the data if they have a reasonable requirement to do so.

So before MannyO gets on his high horse again, o2 are required to maintain account details for a minimum 6 years (due to financial reporting and vat regulations amongst other things).

Posts on the Community would not come under the DPA as they do not include personal details.
Message 20 of 31