Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 75

Re: Which new iPhone are you most excited about?

Hearing this a lot, £749 is not a "cheaper alternative" and to have a 720p display in 2018 is quite an insult tbh.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.

Have to say though, this annoyed me...

20180912-iphone-xs-xs-max-depth-adjustment.jpg

1. Don't act like this is innovative, changing background blur is a basic function nowadays as seen ...

_20180917_114854.JPG

Just because you renamed it to look like people were changing the f-stop aperture....

Also, you don't have variable aperture, so putting those f stop numbers is just lying, flat out lying.

Even the 2 devices with variable aperture (S9, Note 9) don't put f stop information in the background blur, because it's 100% software.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@viridis wrote:
Hearing this a lot, £749 is not a "cheaper alternative" and to have a 720p display in 2018 is quite an insult tbh.

When I went to school £749 was cheaper than £999  Smiley Indifferent

It's all relative though, and here's an article that offers an interesting insight on benchmarks, and why they don't always tell us the whole story  Smiley Wink

https://lifehacker.com/how-benchmarks-work-and-when-you-should-pay-attention-t-1792579167

It might be cheaper than 999, (which btw no iPhone is on O2, they all cost a fair whack more than the RRP) but they touted this on stage as, and I quote "the iPhone for everyone"
No, it's not is it.
There is so many better devices for cheaper, it's insulting to put this one out over £$€700
At 800p it should actually be the fastest iPhone, by some margin, with only a third the screen resolution, it will use less CPU and GPU allowing it to run much much faster than the XS or XS MAX, I bet it won't though.

And don't worry about benchmarks, real world use is where it's at.

Level 1: Joiner

Hi people i must say O2 look to have been a little clever on their iphone preorders, it looks like all the colours etc are still all in stock, but are they? As they state order now and your iphone will be delivered FROM 21st Sept, whereas other sites state delivery BY 21st Sept, hhhmmm hope this doesnt mean people are ordering thinking they will get it for sure on Fri 🤔
Topics: 539

same old phone and same old problems every year.....

Topics: 123
Kudos: 232
Blog Posts: 1

In synthetic benchmarks like geekbench Apple processors are always good performers.

In terms of processing power the Samsung exynos is the next best thing. Kirin CPU used by Huawei is a close contender.

Snapdragon 845 and so forth should do most mere mortals unless you plan to use 3rd party apps which use a lot of power.

Come to think of it the processor race is an example of how petty people are. YouTube videos perpuate the narrow minded view of a few.

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@anticpated wrote:
In synthetic benchmarks like geekbench Apple processors are always good performers.

In terms of processing power the Samsung exynos is the next best thing. Kirin CPU used by Huawei is a close contender.

Snapdragon 845 and so forth should do most mere mortals unless you plan to use 3rd party apps which use a lot of power.

Come to think of it the processor race is an example of how petty people are. YouTube videos perpuate the narrow minded view of a few.

I think it’s just vanity really, as most of us don’t really need anything like the processing power that the latest devices offer. Admittedly, there are probably some hardcore gamers who might benefit I suppose. But considering the kind of tasks that the majority of users need to perform, I find it ironic that the most powerful computer that I own, is the one that I carry in my pocket. 

Topics: 123
Kudos: 232
Blog Posts: 1

[ Edited ]

The camera aperture is approximately 1 tenth the length of the focal length on a lens. Therefore any moire blurring or otherwise filter used on the iPhone software has to be software based.

This aside. The hype train has started it's journey. Toot toot! 😁

Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.